A banking degree can be your passport to a job in a bank or other financial institution. You can work toward a diploma in banking or banking and finance degree. Banking degree help student learn about all the different aspects of a financial institution and banks. The degree in banking prepares students for positions in a variety of areas like including accounting, credit reporting and financial lending in banks, lending institutions, financial institutions, etc. Students take courses in marketing, advertising, retirement investing, mutual funds, financial planning, financial management, credit reporting, lending standards and accounting principles. Such qualifications will provide them with the ability to work in a bank and in the financial department of a company. The good news is that the need for qualified people is not only rising these days but is expected to rise in the foreseeable future as well. After graduation, you can earn good money and also move to management where there are several openings available.
Banking Education and Training
If you are planning on obtaining a banking degree, you will need to study a whole host of subjects including but not limited to business finance, investment theory, fixed income and derivative securities, security analysis and asset management, financial statement analysis, trade and finance, strategies used by banks and more. Other courses are:
- Banking compliance and regulations
- Banking law
- Financial planning and management
- Banking safety
- Investment analysis
- Commercial lending
- Consumer lending
A banking degree will help a student in acquiring skills to work with financial assets and money. The skills learned include bank related skills, financial management skills, asset management skills, finance and trade law skills, basic accounting skill, critical thinking skills, project management skills, financial statement analysis skills, financial statement creation skills, investment theory skills, and business writing skills. A school of investment banking will also focus on providing skills in financial management and financial planning.
The main reason why people should earn a bank degree is because the skills and knowledge acquired will help them to work in financial institutions and in offices. This degree helps you to work with assets, finances and with investments related to both businesses as well as individual.
Licenses and Certification
The Bureau of Labor Statistic (BLS) reports that brokers and investment bankers are required to register as representatives of their firm with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). To obtain the license, those who wish to become agents must pass several exams. Various licenses are available for selling different investment products and services.
Although not always a requirement, certification is an added advantage for those seeking employment or career advancement. Brokers, investment bankers, and financial services sales agents may earn the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification through by the CFA Institute.
For Financial Examiner working for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), they must have at least six semester hours in accounting.
Careers in Banking
Such degrees can prove to be very useful for certain kinds of people. In particular, those will help those who have a knack of handling numbers and who like to work with financial matters. There are also some people that have a yearning to work in banks and for them this is the right degree. After graduating in this field, the student will be trained and competent to work in businesses as well as industries that provide financial help, advice and assistance.
In order to qualify for such academic qualification, it is necessary to take courses that will prepare you for working in a bank or other financial institution. Subjects such as finance and trade law, financial policy, international economics and multinational financing have to be learned before you can graduate in this particular field.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
In addition, you will also need to learn about strategies applied by banks and in the trade and in finance. With a basic background in these and a few other subjects, you can qualify to study to graduate with knowledge about banks and financial institutions.
After graduating, you will be able to work as a loan officer who can earn an annual salary of between $27,580 and $98,280. As a loan officer you can expect to earn on average a salary of about 48,860 dollars while as a bank teller the salary paid to you will be approximately $21,120. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports the following data for 2010:
The median annual wage of financial clerks was $33,710. The lowest 10% earned less than $22,920, and the top 10% earned more than $49,500. The employment of financial clerks is expected to grow by 11% from 2010 to 2010.
The median annual wage of securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents was $70,190. The lowest 10% earned less than $31,330, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment of securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents is expected to grow 15% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of financial examiners was $74,940. The lowest 10% earned less than $43,170, and the top 10% earned more than $134,820. The employment of financial examiners is projected to grow 27% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of financial analysts was $74,350. The lowest 10% earned less than $44,490, and the top 10% earned more than $141,700. The employment of financial analysts is expected to grow 23% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of financial managers was $103,910. The lowest 10% earned less than $56,120, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment among financial managers is expected to grow 9% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of personal financial advisors was $64,750. The lowest 10% earned less than $32,660, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. Employment of personal financial advisors is projected to grow 32% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of budget analysts was $68,200. The lowest 10% earned less than $44,860, and the top 10% earned more than $101,660. The employment of budget analysts is expected to grow 10% from 2010 to 2020.
The economic outlook for those who have graduated with a banking degree is positive and there is a huge demand for people that work in banking and finance and so it pays to be qualified in this area.
Finance and Banking Programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- BS in Business Administration - Financial Analysis
- MBA - Finance
- BSFIN - General Finance
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Finance
- Bachelor of Accounting
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance
- Master of Science in Accounting
- And more...
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Accounting - Bachelor's
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration :Financial Analysis
- Master of Business Administration : Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration : Investment
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Financial Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Financial Management - D.B.A.
- Advanced Accounting - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Business Administration - Finance and Investing
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Accounting
- And more...
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- MBA Finance
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
- Associate of Arts in Accounting
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business-Concentration in Accounting Administration
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule.
- Accounting (Associate's)