This article looks at the importance of attending a commercial arts college especially for those who wish to pursue a career in advertising, graphic arts, multimedia design, and advertising management. Commercial art is part of creative services, that include art created for commercial purposes and advertising. Commercial art also includes designing of books, advertisements, posters, signs, and other displays which are used to promote sales of products, services, and ideas. A good example is a commercial arts college that will provide the student with the relevant knowledge so that they can maneuver and expand their intellectual and personal qualities, and in the process prepare themselves for perfection or near perfection in their professions. Besides this, they also offer a large diversity of applications that are designed to meet the career obligations and targets of different students.
Commercial Art Education and Training
One of the most important things about art schools and commercial arts colleges is that there is a lot of emphasis on the fact that different students have different interest levels in art, and as such they are usually tailor made to suit the needs of the students.
In particular, there are those students that view commercial arts as a very diverse field, and taking it in its entirety would not really be a wise idea. Due to this, there is the need to specialize in a particular field, more like create a niche for yourself, and then maybe learn a thing or two about the supporting arts around your select precision.
As a result, a lot of students usually take their time to consider a lot of things about the commercial arts colleges they would wish to enroll in, so that they make well-informed decisions about them too. It is very important to make sure that the commercial arts colleges you are considering will actually have an impact on your career.
A commercial arts college is also referred to as visual communication degree programs. Courses may include graphic design, illustration courses, art studio, drawing, introductory commercial art, advanced writing composition, and art history perspectives. Other commercial arts colleges offer courses in website design, typography, computer art, color systems theory and introductory design composition.
There are four year commercial arts colleges and universities that will offer the student extraordinary art tutoring that should encourage their interaction with diversity of other subjects and on the same note prepare them for a range of degrees from the Bachelor level to the Doctorates. There are lots of other programs at commercial arts colleges that the students can participate in, but all the same, the goal is rather unified; to make the best artists out of the talent that the students possess.
Commercial Art Careers
Creative and Commercial Arts have become more or less in demand today, especially due to the nature of the industry. There is a lot of creativity that is required in most fields of business today, such that these professionals are the ones that can actually deliver the results.
Some of the skills that the students can boast of when they are done with their study time include creative aptitude and good art skills, and as such they will realize the abundance of job opportunities, especially in the advertising and publishing sectors. The innovative nature of the work done by commercial artists usually requires that they are actually paid well enough.
Positions for graduates of commercial arts colleges include: Graphic designer, Photographer, Commercial artist, Mechanical art designer, Animator. Consider the designers that planned all those ads in during the FIFA World Cup in South Africa, they definitely took home quite a considerable amount of money. And now that the tourney is headed to culture rich Brazil, a brilliant mind would start castigating on the opportunities available here.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
Apart from that, there are a lot of daily professional careers that the students and graduate students can always look forward to while shaping their career paths upon graduation from commercial arts colleges. For graduates of commercial arts colleges, the entry-level salary is $25,830. The average salary is $43,980, and the higher salary is $85,160.
As reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual wage of graphic designers was $43,500 in 2010. The lowest 10% earned less than $26,200, and the top 10% earned more over $76,910. The employment of graphic designers is expected to increase by 13% between 2010 and 2020.
The median annual wage of multimedia artists and animators was $58,510. The lowest 10% below $33,840, while top 10% earned more than $99,830. The employment of multimedia artists and animators is expected to grow by 8% from 2010 to 2020.
Commercial and Advertising Art and Design Programs
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Media Design, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).