A computer design degree is some of the very highly sought after study program in the field of graphic arts and information technology as well as business and marketing. This is especially due to the fact that computer-aided design has become a major area of focus for a lot of students. It is not rare to find anyone creating their own websites from scratch, to the point where they actually do have a final product that is very interactive, apart from the fact that they are also quite the eye catchers too. There are also a lot of website hosts that are nowadays encouraging their clients to be more creative, and are as a matter of fact providing them with all the necessary tools that they require to make their custom websites. Qualified design professionals with computer design degree are highly sought after by most employers to undertake various tasks that require their specialty. A computer design degree will prepare you for careers in entertainment, media, and printing and other areas that use visual designs and displays.
Computer Design Education and Training
More often than not, the animators will employ the use of 2D or 3D animation techniques or even use both, and combine this with digital production techniques, and character development and animation so that they can create visual images and special effects.
These specialists are also very skilled at drawing, storyboarding, concept drawing, and Photoshop. As a matter of fact, they are also the same people that go about creating visual images and special effects for most of the video games, movies, music videos and commercials that are doing rounds in shops and the internet today. Courses may include:
- Programming in C++
- Storyboarding Animation
- 3-D modeling
- Game Development
All this they are able to do, thanks to the efforts that they put in their time pursuing their bachelor’s computer design degree. There are a lot of computer design degree programs that students can seek to enroll and get their degrees from, and some of these are also available online.
Most definitely in order for the student to succeed, they will have to pursue a Bachelor of science degree in computers with a lot of emphasis on animation, or Bachelor of arts with an animation major, digital art with an animation major, or computer animation. However whichever degree they opt for, it is mandatory that the computer design degree qualifications come from an accredited college or university, art and design school, film school, or technical school.
Computer Design Careers
Computer graphic designers work with advertising firms and marketing departments of small businesses, large companies, corporations, non-profit organizations and government agencies. The goal of the computer graphic artist is to communicate a specific brand or cause to targeted audiences, and these are skills learned in computer design degree programs.
That aside, the computer design degree program tends to offer a lot more than just computing skills to the learners, since there are a lot of opportunities that can arise from this angle. There are a lot of students that have started out their careers in computers upon graduation from computer design degree, and due to their curiosity and hard work, have been able to become executives in just a matter of years.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
A computer design degree can earn you a comfortable income. The average web designer makes between $54,140 and $71,722 a year while a 3-D graphic artist earns up to $45,000 a year on average. A computer graphics artist earns between $30,600 and $53,310 annually.
As reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual wage of graphic designers was $43,500 in 2010. The lowest 10% earned less than $26,200, and the top 10% earned more over $76,910. The employment of graphic designers is expected to increase by 13% between 2010 and 2020.
The median annual wage of multimedia artists and animators was $58,510. The lowest 10% below $33,840, while top 10% earned more than $99,830. The employment of multimedia artists and animators is expected to grow by 8% from 2010 to 2020 (BLS).
Computer design happens to be one of the major highest earner professions, apart from the fascination involved since it is ever evolving by the day. As a result, there has been an increased demand for well-trained graduates of computer design degree programs, designers and information technology experts, all of which the learning system offers the students.
Game Art and Design Programs
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Game Art & Design (BFA)
- Visual Effects & Motion Graphics (BFA)
- Visual & Game Programming (BS)
- And more...
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Art, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Mobile Gaming
- And more...
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.