What does contract management training? Related areas of study include logistics management, procurement management, and supply chain management. Most businesses need people that have contract management training. Someone has to be in charge of purchasing, and that covers things like raw materials, goods, services, and labor. It also covers very important legal transactions like purchase agreements and mergers. You will have a key position with a great deal of responsibility. You will also need specialized knowledge and education. Here are some things to know about this profession. Your job may require contract management training. If so, you may handle purchases, acquisitions and many legal matters for your company. You will need education in economics, business law, accounting, and other subjects. When you graduate, you will understand purchasing agreements and negotiation techniques.
Contract Management Education and Training
Many of these positions may require a Master’s degree in business. However, there are some that may only require a Bachelor of Business Administration degree. If so, you should concentrate your education on things like acquisitions and sales for business. Also, you will need a great deal of knowledge on the legal aspects of business. Expect to take courses like these for your degree.
- Cost analysis
- Marketing Principles
- Business Law
- Cost Analysis
Master’s Degree in Contract Management
For a master’s degree in contract management, you may require more specialization. You may not need a specific degree for your Bachelor’s, but requirements may vary. If you plan to work in government, public, or private industry, that is where most of your studies should be. Here are some contract management training courses that you may wish to consider.
- Project Management
- Financial Analysis
- Business Ethics and Law
- Payment Planning and Processing
- Advanced Accounting
- Quality Control and Management
Contract Management Careers
There are many important positions for those with contract management training, in business today. There may be contract management jobs in government, banking, construction, as well as corporate positions. When you graduate, you will have an understanding of purchasing agreements as well as business law. You will be qualified to make many important business decisions as an administrative manager, also.
Jobs in administrative services are found in a wide variety of industries. However, some sectors have more than others and may present better opportunities in the future. Education contains the most positions, with fifteen percent of the jobs.
Health care and local governments are next with 12% percent. The insurance and finance industries are at 9% percent. The future is about average for employment, and the many jobs are available in education, health care, and local government. However, there will still be a fair number of jobs needed in finance and insurance.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
The United States Bureau of Labor predicts and average growth of about 12% in the coming years. There will be a great deal of competition for the higher paying jobs, and not as much for the lower paying ones. These figures may vary according to areas.
Purchasing managers may make $40,000 to $80,000 per year. However, administrative managers have more duties, but they may also have higher pay and more benefits. Some of these jobs may earn $100,000 or more per year, depending on the situation. This is according to the U. S. Bureau of Labor.
The median annual wage of purchasing managers, buyers, and purchasing agents was $58,360 in 2010, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The lowest 10% earned less than $34,110, and the top 10% earned more than $105,610. The employment of these professions is expected to increase 7% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of logisticians was $70,800 during the same period. The lowest 10% earned less than $43,530, and the top 10% earned more than $108,080. The employment of logisticians is expected to grow 26% from 2010 to 2020.
You may hold a job as purchasing agent, administrative manager, or other position. Income can vary, between $40,000 and $100,000. Contract management training is therefore important in advancing in this career path.
Contract Management Programs
- Earn your online degree from SNHU. Study Anytime, Anywhere. Flexible on your schedule
- Over 200 career-focused online programs, one of the lowest tuition rates in the nation and a network of support.
- Southern New Hampshire University. Private. Nonprofit. Accredited.
- MBA - Economics
- MBA with concentration in Forensic Accounting
- Business Certificate
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Master of Business Administration
- AAS in Business Administration
- AAS in Business Administration - Business
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Business
- Master of Business Administration - Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Business - General
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- MBA - Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - General
- Doctor of Business Administration
- And more...
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Music Business, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Become an accountant, credit analyst, auditor, tax examiner, and more with an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Learn about accounting fundamentals, legal compliance and ethics, finance, marketing, leadership, economics, and quantitative decision making.
- Work in the environment that suits you best. The B.S. in Accounting program prepares students for accounting careers in private, public, not-for-profit, and government organizations.
- This program, along with other CSU-Global business degrees, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Each of our courses is 100% online, with no fixed class times or locations. All you need is an internet connection. Wherever you are, you’re already on campus.
- Our programs are built for working adults. You complete coursework on your schedule, in your own time. Complete assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for you.
- BS - Project Management
- Master - Project Management
- Undergraduate Certificate - Project Management
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Culinary Arts Management (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Psychology: Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- B.S. in Business Administration
- Gives students the opportunity to earn their associate’s degree in the culinary arts field in less than 15 months
- Located in Norfolk and Newport News, Virginia.
- Offers externship experiences to students for experience in the field.
- Hosts regular career fairs for employer recruitment.
- Has student housing available.
- Food Service Management