What are the requirements for completing an online financial analysis program, and what does it take to earn a financial analyst degree? Financial analysis is also referred to as financial statement analysis or accounting analysis. It refers to an assessment of the viability, stability and profitability of a business, sub-business or business project. It looks at the viability or commercial worth of a development from the viewpoint of private investors and deals with cost and benefit flows from the perspective of firms and individual. A financial analyst degree has a lot of value for those who are planning to work in the monetary industry. This is a job that requires mastering the skills required to evaluate the practicality as well as stability and productivity of any projects and businesses as well as companies. With such skills, it is easy to make wiser investment decisions and by further specializing in an industry, such a professional will be able to do closer monitoring of the trends in an industry and they can monitor products as well as the competition.
Financial Analysis Education and Training
What are the financial analyst course requirements? Financial analyst education may vary by financial analysis program but in order to become a financial analyst, it is necessary to possess at least a bachelor’s level qualification in monetary practices or in some other related area.
Those who have earned a masters level financial analysis program qualification in the field of monetary matters or in business administration will also find it easy to obtain a financial analyst degree. Courses may include:
- Risk Analysis and Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Securities Analysis
- Investment Portfolio Management
- Behavioral Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Wealth Management
- Tax Accounting
With a financial analyst degree in hand, you will have complete understanding of basic economic subjects such as corporate monetary matters and balance sheets as well as income statements. A bachelors financial analysis program qualification is an essential requirement for a financial analyst degree though an MBA degree will be preferred. Financial analyst classes trend to focus on corporate finance, and risk management.
Licenses and Certification
The Bureau of Labor Statistic (BLS) reports that brokers and investment bankers are required to register as representatives of their firm with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). To obtain the license, those who wish to become agents must pass several exams. Various licenses are available for selling different investment products and services.
Although not always a requirement, certification is an added advantage for those seeking employment or career advancement. Brokers, investment bankers, and financial services sales agents may earn the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification through by the CFA Institute.
For Financial Examiner working for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), they must have at least six semester hours in accounting.
Financial Analysis Careers
Armed with such qualifications, one can work as a monetary matters analyst. This job has to do with performing research and it also requires that you do the analysis as well as assessment of economic performance and value as well as earning potential of a company and even an industry.
A monetary matters forecaster is also known as a security forecaster and an investment forecaster and their main job is to provide proper economic evaluations as well as provide fiscal guidance to an organization like a banking institution and an insurance company.
Such professionals who have graduated from a financial analysis program will enjoy many career opportunities opening up to them. The employment prospects for a qualified forecaster of monetary matters are bright as the banking industry in particular will offer many interesting options. The banking sector has in fact the greatest demand for such people but those who graduate from a good financial analyst program are more likely to have more, and better options.
Such professionals will benefit because of a strong growth in this field and this growth is faster than for other professionals and is expected to increase by 34% in the period 2006 to 2016. This growth will be fueled by growth in the monetary sector and also because of higher complexities in the investment industry.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
Job prospects will be good and there is expected to be high competition for the top jobs in this sector. This is why only those professionals that have strong educational qualifications will get the best jobs. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports the following data for 2010:
The median annual wage of financial clerks was $33,710. The lowest 10% earned less than $22,920, and the top 10% earned more than $49,500. The employment of financial clerks is expected to grow by 11% from 2010 to 2010.
The median annual wage of securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents was $70,190. The lowest 10% earned less than $31,330, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment of securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents is expected to grow 15% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of financial examiners was $74,940. The lowest 10% earned less than $43,170, and the top 10% earned more than $134,820. The employment of financial examiners is projected to grow 27% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of financial analysts was $74,350. The lowest 10% earned less than $44,490, and the top 10% earned more than $141,700. The employment of financial analysts is expected to grow 23% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of financial managers was $103,910. The lowest 10% earned less than $56,120, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment among financial managers is expected to grow 9% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of personal financial advisors was $64,750. The lowest 10% earned less than $32,660, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. Employment of personal financial advisors is projected to grow 32% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of budget analysts was $68,200. The lowest 10% earned less than $44,860, and the top 10% earned more than $101,660. The employment of budget analysts is expected to grow 10% from 2010 to 2020.
The median yearly salary for such a professional is in the range of $66,500. The lowest salary earned by them is approximately $40,340 while at the top end the salaries being given to such professionals are in the range of $130,130. In addition to these salaries, they can also earn bonuses, which vary according to their level of performance, which are common for this particular field.
If you have interest in finances and you possess good communication skills, you will find it a lot easier to succeed as a monetary matters forecaster upon completing the requirements of a financial analysis program.
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- BA/Consumer and Family Financial Services
- BA/Sports and Recreation Management - Finance
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Finance - Financial Analysis
- BSFIN - General Finance
- MS in Finance
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Finance and Investing
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Accounting
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Finance
- Bachelor of Accounting
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- And more...
- Become an accountant, credit analyst, auditor, tax examiner, and more with an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Learn about accounting fundamentals, legal compliance and ethics, finance, marketing, leadership, economics, and quantitative decision making.
- Work in the environment that suits you best. The B.S. in Accounting program prepares students for accounting careers in private, public, not-for-profit, and government organizations.
- This program, along with other CSU-Global business degrees, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Each of our courses is 100% online, with no fixed class times or locations. All you need is an internet connection. Wherever you are, you’re already on campus.
- Our programs are built for working adults. You complete coursework on your schedule, in your own time. Complete assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for you.
- Master - Finance
- Master - Professional Accounting
- BS - Accounting
- Online bachelor's and master's level Business programs are available.
- Courses are designed to teach practical business solutions, with a career-focused curriculum.
- Students can study in areas such as business, applied management, and business administration.
- Experienced professionals equip students with a working knowledge of marketing, financing, accounting, and sales.
- Students who have graduated high school in or before 2015 are eligible to apply.
- Accounting (Associate's)
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.