Financial management training offers participants knowledge relating to how financial organizations, such as insurance firms and banks, conduct business in today’s world. Financial management is the process planning for the future for an individual or business to ensure a positive cash flow. The process includes administration and maintenance of financial assets, as well as the process of identifying and managing risks. The financial management course would provide detailed analysis of the use of special instruments and tools to manage risk and increase profits. There are various fiscal related products that are essential in the corporate world. Bonds, options, futures, and stocks require management to finance long-term products and raise short-term funds.
Financial Management Training and Education
A course related to this field of expertise, would help to pass on skills and knowledge that underlie the importance of finance institutions in the economy as a whole. Related areas of study may include: MBA finance degree, personal finance, finance certificate, masters in finance, business finance, and economics and financial accounting.
There are in fact many programs and courses related to financial management training. They can be attended at a university, school, college, online, conducted in-house by a company, or through a seminar or event. Many businesses operating in this sector expect their employees to constantly stay abreast of the latest concepts and changes. For this reason, learning is often an ongoing process throughout a career, and not just taken as a means of finding employment. Courses may include:
The financial management training programs available cover various topics, this will depend partially on current demands and the aspirations and career goals of the student population. For example, a public finance management course will provide modules relating to markets such as the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange), fiscal planning, identifying and targeting investment goals, and how to correctly administer stocks and bonds to create a diverse portfolio.
Licenses and Certification
The Bureau of Labor Statistic (BLS) reports that brokers and investment bankers are required to register as representatives of their firm with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). To obtain the license, those who wish to become agents must pass several exams. Various licenses are available for selling different investment products and services.
Although not always a requirement, certification is an added advantage for those seeking employment or career advancement. Brokers, investment bankers, and financial services sales agents may earn the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification through by the CFA Institute.
For Financial Examiner working for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), they must have at least six semester hours in accounting.
Financial Management Careers
By undertaking this type of study, a graduate would be able to find employment in a wide range of businesses. As the economy is still not in the desirable state it was prior to the recession, more companies and organizations require experts in this field to help ensure they remain in the healthiest situation financially.
Typical profiles would include project coordinators, investment bankers, market traders, venture capitalists, accountants, auditors, and of course finance managers. The creation of new companies and the expansion of established businesses will also spur demand for professional finance managers. It is worth noting that the mergers of institutions and corporate downsizing that can take place in a poor economy would restrict the opportunities available.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
According to data made available from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the growth in opportunities in this sector are expected to be equal to the average for all occupations in the country. There may be a lot of competition in the coming decade for the most rewarding profiles, for this reason, individuals holding a master’s degree will be able to have access to the best opportunities. Ongoing regulatory changes, as well as the globalization and expansion of finance and business, will be the driving force behind job growth.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports the following data for 2010:
The median annual wage of financial clerks was $33,710. The lowest 10% earned less than $22,920, and the top 10% earned more than $49,500. The employment of financial clerks is expected to grow by 11% from 2010 to 2010.
The median annual wage of securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents was $70,190. The lowest 10% earned less than $31,330, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment of securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents is expected to grow 15% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of financial examiners was $74,940. The lowest 10% earned less than $43,170, and the top 10% earned more than $134,820. The employment of financial examiners is projected to grow 27% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of financial analysts was $74,350. The lowest 10% earned less than $44,490, and the top 10% earned more than $141,700. The employment of financial analysts is expected to grow 23% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of financial managers was $103,910. The lowest 10% earned less than $56,120, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment among financial managers is expected to grow 9% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of personal financial advisors was $64,750. The lowest 10% earned less than $32,660, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. Employment of personal financial advisors is projected to grow 32% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of budget analysts was $68,200. The lowest 10% earned less than $44,860, and the top 10% earned more than $101,660. The employment of budget analysts is expected to grow 10% from 2010 to 2020.
Statistics indicate that, as of May 2009, the median annual salary for a financial manager stood at $99,300. The most desirable packages were offered to individuals with financial management training and those working in the securities and commodity brokerage sector, followed by insurance companies and related firms. The salary also depends upon the size of the employer and location. Bonuses are often available that can add to the overall compensation.
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- BS in Business Administration - Investment
- BS in Business Administration - Wealth Management
- BSFIN - Investments
- And more...
- Become an accountant, credit analyst, auditor, tax examiner, and more with an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Learn about accounting fundamentals, legal compliance and ethics, finance, marketing, leadership, economics, and quantitative decision making.
- Work in the environment that suits you best. The B.S. in Accounting program prepares students for accounting careers in private, public, not-for-profit, and government organizations.
- This program, along with other CSU-Global business degrees, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Each of our courses is 100% online, with no fixed class times or locations. All you need is an internet connection. Wherever you are, you’re already on campus.
- Our programs are built for working adults. You complete coursework on your schedule, in your own time. Complete assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for you.
- Master - Finance
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Finance and Investing
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Finance
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Financial Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Financial Management - D.B.A.
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule.
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business-Concentration in Accounting Administration
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
- Associate of Arts in Accounting
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information