A healthcare degree programs in the medical profession employment are rapidly expanding rapidly, as the demand for qualified health care and medical professional growth. With an expanding and aging population, this trend is expected to continue. This area has a wider range of occupations ranging from medical doctors to nurses to dental hygienists to healthcare administrators. Thus, academic qualifications are also varied are the income levels. There are many degrees that qualify an individual for a career in health care. There is a wide variety of career paths and training for those who are considering medical careers. Depending on the career path, there are various types of healthcare degree programs, all of which require different sets of skills. Some areas are health career management, health administration, nursing, medical coding, medical billing, medical transcription, health informatics, laboratory technician, medical office assisting, patient care attendant, etc. Health care accounts for 1/6 of the economy in the United States making it the largest industry in America. This industry continues to grow.
Health Care Education and Training
There are many accredited program options with a healthcare degree from each of the following accredited colleges and universities, which offer classes both online and on campus. These include healthcare management, administration, nursing, medical billing and coding, medical assistant to name a few. There are there are some common criteria that all students and professionals should posses to be successful in the field:
- Good Students: Medical programs are rigorous and students must take a many science classes that require studying and lab/clinical hours. Classes include physics, math, English, biology and chemistry. Other more specific classes may include anatomy and physiology, nutrition, hygiene, and pharmacology.
- Mentally and Physically Tough: Most work shifts are 12 hours long or longer and on your feet most of the time. One must remain fully attentive and functional during the entire shift.
- Manage Stress Well: Some medical careers require working in high stress environments such as emergency rooms (ER) and in these circumstances, one should maintain a cool, calm, professional composure.
- People skills: When dealing with ill, depressed, upset or grieving patients and their families, healthcare professionals must at all times be empathetic, ethical, and compassionate.
Health Care Careers
A few interesting points about the health care profession:
- Healthcare careers are expected to have more job openings than any other area.
- Healthcare professionals are required to have specialized training, according to their jobs.
- There are jobs for people with most levels of education (diploma and degrees) from associates to bachelors to masters to doctorates pretty much any education level .
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
The health care and medical care field is very broad, with many concentrations including online graduate and undergraduate degree programs in sports science, nursing, health care administration, health care management, nutrition, gerontology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, paramedic science, alternative medicine, holistic health, physician assistant, medical billing, coding, and transcription, medical assistant and many more areas of study.
The United States the health care industry could increase by up to 22%. This is twice the national average for other industries. Hence, campus and online healthcare degree programs in these areas continue to experience growth and advancement. This means that health care careers will continue to experience a demand. The income range is broad, and as an example nurses and anesthesiologists make $57,000 and $250,000 respectively.
Healthcare and Nursing Programs
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- And more...
- Health Care degrees include BA in Health Care Administration, BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- Online degree programs that can help students pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- BS/Nursing (RN to BSN)
- BA/Applied Behavioral Science
- MA/Health Care Administration
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Business with a Concentration in Allied Health Management
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- PhD - Trauma and Disaster Relief
- And more...
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College Online. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor's degree programs for careers in the business, medical, legal, and computer technology fields. Our programs offer hands-on education and classroom discussions.
- Medical Assisting - Administrative, Associates Degree
- Billing & Coding Specialist, Associates Degree
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our two campuses in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- And more...
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science