Help Desk Training is important if you wish to work in a variety of computer and information technology sectors of the industry. There are a lot of help desk training programs out there that allow the students to be well conversant with their role in the business world, and impart the necessary skills to be as competent as required by their job description. The whole idea about help desks revolves around the customer. Being at the help desk requires that one is adept with the different ways of treating customers, and while at that, ensuring that they are satisfied with the services the organization offers. For a help desk student to be regarded as an asset to the organization, their help desk management ability must be beyond reproach, especially since customer needs are fast becoming dynamic, and since the businesses understand this, they strive to ensure that they meet all or most of them adequately, and all this boils down to the help desk team.
Help Desk Education and Training
The students that wish to enroll for help desk certification have to be well conversant with the requirements involved. Some of the training they have to undergo include: – A+ certification, MCDST and HDI. These are the three major certifications that they have to undertake in their quest for help desk training.
Upon achieving this, the students should be proficient enough to attain the required skill that is needed to be competent in the held desk industry. More often than not they will encounter difficult clients and they must be able to handle the pressure involved.
One of the benefits of help desk training is that it offers the learner an opportunity to get the required qualification through combining Soft Skills and Technical Desktop Skills. Through this way, the student will have the ability to cater to the endless client needs appropriately and as fast as they can by efficient use of the computer.
Help Desk Careers
Due to the complexity of the job, there are quite a number of programs that are in place to ensure that Help Desk training is as adequate as the organizations require. When it comes to customer needs, there is no organization in the world today that is willing to gamble on that. All of them understand the precision that is required, and strive to attain that.
A complete IT professional should at least be proficient in A+, soft skills and even undertake Microsoft’s MCDST program before being considered adequately endowed in their profession.
As a matter of fact, it is not only students that are concerned about help desk training. There are individual businesses and companies that require proficient help desk professionals to work for them. For these however, more often they look towards the goals of their organizations.
With this in view, there are companies that hunt daily for the qualified personnel, and some of the things they hope to achieve for their companies are: – ensuring that they do not lose business to their competitors due to lack of competent customer care, improving their efficiency due to satisfaction of customer needs, and supporting their business initiatives.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
According to Salary.com, the median expected salary for a typical Help Desk Support in the United States is $45,138 while the median expected salary for a typical Help Desk Manager in the United States is $84,058.. Payscale.com reports a salary range of $32,052 – $46,394 for help desk personnel. While technology is advancing, help desks are not left out either, making help desk training indispensable.
Technical Support and Repair Programs
- Flexible, 100% online programs offered include Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management, and more.
- Courses designed to keep students updated on the constantly changing world of information technology.
- Career-focused programs taught by experienced professionals help students develop real-world programming skills.
- AAS in Information Technology - Network Administration
- BS in Information Technology - Network Administration
- Bachelor’s and Master’s level programs in digital investigations, information assurance and security, project management, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- 8 out the top 20 employers of AIU graduates are Fortune 50 companies
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Network Administration
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Network Management
- Earn your online degree from SNHU. Study Anytime, Anywhere. Flexible on your schedule
- Over 200 career-focused online programs, one of the lowest tuition rates in the nation and a network of support.
- Southern New Hampshire University. Private. Nonprofit. Accredited.
- MS Information Technology - Database Design
- MS Information Technology - Web Design
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Data Analysis
- And more...
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Mobile Development, Bachelor of Science
- Gain technology certification exam preparation.
- Acquire technical skills in programming and technology trouble-shooting.
- Recommend, select, and service software/ hardware systems that meet the unique information technology needs of an organization.
- Work both independently and cooperatively to meet the technology goals of the organization.
- Comprehend the theoretical and applied uses of information technology in various business applications for problem-solving.
- Apply knowledge in system analysis and design, network design and administration, database design and development, operating systems, software and web application development, and IT security.
- BS - Information Technology
- Graduate Specialization - Information Technology
- Bachelor’s program options include Cybersecurity, Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, and more.
- A BAS in Information Systems Technology is also available for students who already hold an A.A.S degree.
- Regent University’s tech programs are designed to prepare students for careers in Software Development and Engineering, Computer Information Security, Network Administration, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Computer Support Technician
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Network Administration and Security - Associate of Occupational Science
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
- Cloud Computing - Bachelor's