Human services certificate programs qualify students and make them ready to pursue a career in social services and in community services. After enrolling in such programs, students will be asked to study those human services courses which lay emphasis on community welfare and well being. Students that do not wish to complete the requirements for associate/bachelors degrees will certainly benefit by taking human services certificate programs which will provide a good basis for continuing education in the field of human services and community services. In order to get admission to human services certificate programs, it is necessary for the applicant to have a high school diploma or a GED certification. Areas of study include psychology, substance abuse counseling certification drug, counseling certification, Christian counseling certification, and other areas.
Human Services Certification and Training
There are a few colleges that will also first interview the student before deciding whether to admit them or not. These human services certification programs can generally be completed in just one year’s time though there are some courses that can also be completed in less time. However, there are also some certificate programs that can only be taken after completion of a practicum and which can only be taken after having finished certain core course requirements.
Students that plan on taking human services certificate programs will need to study different subjects including those such as human aging, adult/legal rights, addiction as well as violence and physical aging. They may also need to study subjects like dementia and child abuse and/or neglect, and they will also need to learn about interviewing and case management. Studies toward human services certification include:
- Psychology certificate programs
- School psychology certification (School psychology certificate)
- Sports psychology certificate programs
- Forensic psychology certificate programs
- Substance abuse counseling certification
- Counseling certificate online (Counseling certificate programs)
- Alcohol and drug counseling certification (Drug counseling certification and Alcohol counseling
- Christian counseling certification
- Counseling certificates
- Grief counseling certification
- Pastoral counseling certification
- Spiritual counseling certification
- College counseling certificate programs
- School counseling certificate programs
- Career counseling certificate programs
Careers with Professional Studies
After completing a certificate in human services programs, the students will find an entry level job such as that of an assistance community support worker or even as social services assistant. Job outlooks for those who have completed their human services certificate programs are good.
After completing their human services certificate programs, many students also want to move on to taking on a degree program in human/social services. Fortunately for them, there are many colleges that are already offering both these options and these colleges will also be willing to allow those who have obtained their certification to be admitted to a degree program. Graduates then pursue careers in social work and social science, counseling and related areas in health care and education.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) believes that there will be an expected 23% increase in jobs for social and human services assistants. This growth will take place in the period beginning 2008 and ending in 2018. Furthermore, the growth will be faster than is the case for all the other different occupations in the United States. For example, the employment of social workers is expected to increase by 16% between 2008 and 2018.
With human services certificate programs the average salary for social and human services assistants ranges around $30,000 per year. As for those who work in community and social services, the average salary expectations for them would be in the region of around $44,000.
Human resources managers, on the other hand can expect to earn up to $100,000 and over per annum. Sales representative salaries are in the range of up to $60,000 per year on average. As an assistant in human and/or social services, you can expect to earn a salary of $27,280. This figure pertains to the median salaries being paid in the year 2006.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- Human Service Certificates in Child and Family Services
- Human Services
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Liberal Arts degrees include BAs in English, History, Applied Linguistics, and more.
- Coursework is designed to enhance students’ knowledge on a wide range of subjects, including history, culture, and art.
- Educators focus on developing their students’ critical, creative thinking, and communication skills.
- 100% online, flexible courses allow students to pursue their degree on their own schedule.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).