After completing an information technology certificates, it is possible to find work in the Information Technology industry. IT professionals can look certainly forward to a rewarding career. With the right kind of certification, a professional in the informational technology field can obtain jobs in almost any field. As a professional that works in the information technology industry, you will need to, among other things, learn to design different kinds of computer systems and their associated programs. You must also be competent enough to provide recommendations regarding improvements and you must also know how to maintain as well as repair a computer system.
Information Technology Certification and Training
Admission requirements for such programs include passing certain exams. In addition, the student needs to have a 2.0 or better GPA. The student must also be at least eighteen years of age and must have graduated out of high school. In order to excel in IT, it is necessary for the student to also possess a curious mind and they need to be able to think in a logical manner. In addition, they must have strong problem solving abilities. They also need to be good at mathematics and must possess better than average communication skills. Information technology certificates include the following programs below:
Information Technology Certification, Training, and Courses
Careers with Information Technology Certificates
Jobs in the Information Technology field vary according to specialization. Computer software engineers, computer systems analysts, computer support specialists and computer and information systems managers are some of the more typical IT jobs that are available to those who complete their information technology certificate programs.
To succeed in this field, it is necessary that you are able to be creative and you also need to be good at solving problems. You must also be prepared to work in close collaboration with dynamic professionals. Job titles in this profession, just like in the case of other professions, will vary from one company to another and from one industry to another.
Information technology certificate programs help to educate students who can, on completion of the programs, find work as computer engineers, programmers, IT researchers as well as database administrators.
After successfully completing information technology certificate programs, students can find employment in various fields including systems support, systems analysis and systems design, software development and even web designing and development. The career outlook for those who have completed their information technology certificate programs is generally good.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
The average salary earned by a project manager in IT is about $80,729. An IT consultant, on the other hand, can expect to earn about $70,230 per year. A software engineer can look forward to earning about $65,516 per year. A systems engineer can expect to draw a salary of about $58,121 per year.
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals who have completed information technology certificate programs will find it easy to land jobs. In fact, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics has predicted an over 38% growth in information sciences until the year 2013.
The career outlook for IT professionals and others with information technology certificates does vary according to specific job types, but the BLS projects the the employment of computer and information systems managers is expected to grow by 17% between 2008 and 2018.
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Electronics Engineering Technology - Associate's
- Network Security - Associate's
- Bachelor’s program options include Cybersecurity, Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, and more.
- A BAS in Information Systems Technology is also available for students who already hold an A.A.S degree.
- Regent University’s tech programs are designed to prepare students for careers in Software Development and Engineering, Computer Information Security, Network Administration, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Associate of Arts in Information Systems Technology
- Flexible, 100% online programs offered include Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management, and more.
- Courses designed to keep students updated on the constantly changing world of information technology.
- Career-focused programs taught by experienced professionals help students develop real-world programming skills.
- AAS in Information Technology
- AASIT - Programming and Software Development
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Associate of Applied Science: Information Technology
- Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology : Multiplatform Software Development
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule.
- Computer Information Science (Associate's)