The information technology MBA has created one of the fastest growing career prospects for students. In this article, you can get more information on this degree and how it can help your future. Information technology managers work with executive management and information technology personnel to achieve the technology and strategic business objectives of the enterprise. A Masters of Business Administration in Information Technology covers the basics of information technology trends. The elements of this degree program enable the student to learn and implement organizational planning at MBA level. Such a program offers solid training on computing fundamentals. There are coursework materials that teach about the future of mastering IT with business administration and it is a highly specialized program. Some courses you may be required to take include: psychology of terrorism, computer systems security, bacterial and viral weapons threat and defense, intelligence analysis, and computer crime.
Information Technology Management Education and Training
The specifics of the information technology MBA degree start with information technology course work in computer science, database management and networking. IT training also includes management theory and related technology application developments. This MBA is also analyzed in modern business administration situations and the students will graduate from this program with IT and business administration capabilities in the form of an MBA title, so that they can start their own businesses. Elective and required courses may include:
- Managing and Securing Enterprises
- Enterprise Architecture
- Current and Emerging Technologies
- Information Security
- Global E-Business Management
The information technology MBA coursework also includes finance, accounts and economics related to the computing industry, as well as courses in information security, information science, and technology management.
Students can gain basic understanding of globalization and computing as well as identify e-business methods in the global marketplace. They can also analyze the value of emerging technologies and assess organizational competencies in managing a high tech company.
Information Technology Management Careers
So as you can see, there are many benefits from getting an MBA in IT. You will appreciate the unique relationship between corporate and business strategies and you will be able to navigate your way through complex data management in a global environment. By addressing the policies and issues surrounding enterprises today, you can gain valuable skills and apply these in the marketplace.
Some examples of the career opportunities with an information technology MBA include computer specialist, information systems manager, Director of management systems, IT vice president and Chief technology officer.
There are a wide range of top opportunities for a graduate of information technology management. If you have specialized knowledge and skills, you will find yourself among professionals who are successfully competing for top positions and earning lots of money. One of the biggest advantages to this degree program is that you can study it online and graduate in less than two years.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
According to the official statistics, the professional outlook for candidates studying this degree is that the demand will grow at a faster pace and earnings can be as high as $80,000 per year on average. This is at managerial level, and those obtaining an MBA masters program in IT can exceed this amount after a few years of work experience. In fact the expected salary for a typical IT director is around $160,000 per year.
The median annual wage of computer and information systems managers was $115,780 in 2010 (Bureau of Labor Statistics – BLS). The lowest 10% earned less than $71,420, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment of computer and information systems managers is projected grow 18% between 2010 and 2020.
Many different positions are obtainable by those completing an Information Technology MBA master degree program, in the form of additional benefits and packages as well as above average salaries. This is because there is a high demand in IT sector as the business and security needs of firms are rapidly changing so the future is very bright for candidates wishing to work in this industry.
Technology Managment Programs
- The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program is specially designed with insight from experienced faculty members and leading business practitioners.
- Already have a master’s in business or management? You may be eligible to apply credit for up to four courses toward your DBA, saving time and money.
- Students in the DBA program may choose from 16 specializations, including Entrepreneurship, Project Management, Marketing, Leadership, and more.
- The DBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- M.B.A. in Technology Management
- M.B.A. in Technology
- M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) - Self designed
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Technology Management
- Master of Science in Management IT and Project Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - Management
- MBA - Project Management
- Master's (MIT) - IT Project Management
- Syracuse University’s School of Information Studies offers an online MS in Information Management preparing students to design mission-critical information technologies within organizations.
- Syracuse University’s School of Information Studies is the first information school in the nation, known as “The Original Information School”, and is nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report.
- The online format of the program combines live weekly classes, multimedia coursework, and collaborative group learning exercises.
- MS in Information Management
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Business Intelligence
- The MBA@American curriculum focuses on experiential learning and emphasizes the importance of connections rather than competition.
- No standardized test scores or minimum professional work experience is required to apply to the program.
- Students build foundational skills across a range of business fields and can select from five career-focused concentrations of study.
- Delivered online by American University’s Kogod School of Business, MBA@American takes a collaborative approach to preparing tomorrow’s business leaders.
- Courses and coursework are authored by the same renowned Kogod faculty who teach on campus, and students are held to the same admissions and academic standards as their on-campus counterparts.
- MBA@American students attend in-person immersion experiences known as Business in the Capital.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MBA - Information Technology
- Master of Business Administration
- MS in Management - Information Technology
- And more...
- Master of Business Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Public Administration in Public Leadership
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration