The information technology MBA has created one of the fastest growing career prospects for students. In this article, you can get more information on this degree and how it can help your future. Information technology managers work with executive management and information technology personnel to achieve the technology and strategic business objectives of the enterprise. A Masters of Business Administration in Information Technology covers the basics of information technology trends. The elements of this degree program enable the student to learn and implement organizational planning at MBA level. Such a program offers solid training on computing fundamentals. There are coursework materials that teach about the future of mastering IT with business administration and it is a highly specialized program. Some courses you may be required to take include: psychology of terrorism, computer systems security, bacterial and viral weapons threat and defense, intelligence analysis, and computer crime.
Information Technology Management Education and Training
The specifics of the information technology MBA degree start with information technology course work in computer science, database management and networking. IT training also includes management theory and related technology application developments. This MBA is also analyzed in modern business administration situations and the students will graduate from this program with IT and business administration capabilities in the form of an MBA title, so that they can start their own businesses. Elective and required courses may include:
- Managing and Securing Enterprises
- Enterprise Architecture
- Current and Emerging Technologies
- Information Security
- Global E-Business Management
The information technology MBA coursework also includes finance, accounts and economics related to the computing industry, as well as courses in information security, information science, and technology management.
Students can gain basic understanding of globalization and computing as well as identify e-business methods in the global marketplace. They can also analyze the value of emerging technologies and assess organizational competencies in managing a high tech company.
Information Technology Management Careers
So as you can see, there are many benefits from getting an MBA in IT. You will appreciate the unique relationship between corporate and business strategies and you will be able to navigate your way through complex data management in a global environment. By addressing the policies and issues surrounding enterprises today, you can gain valuable skills and apply these in the marketplace.
Some examples of the career opportunities with an information technology MBA include computer specialist, information systems manager, Director of management systems, IT vice president and Chief technology officer.
There are a wide range of top opportunities for a graduate of information technology management. If you have specialized knowledge and skills, you will find yourself among professionals who are successfully competing for top positions and earning lots of money. One of the biggest advantages to this degree program is that you can study it online and graduate in less than two years.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
According to the official statistics, the professional outlook for candidates studying this degree is that the demand will grow at a faster pace and earnings can be as high as $80,000 per year on average. This is at managerial level, and those obtaining an MBA masters program in IT can exceed this amount after a few years of work experience. In fact the expected salary for a typical IT director is around $160,000 per year.
The median annual wage of computer and information systems managers was $115,780 in 2010 (Bureau of Labor Statistics – BLS). The lowest 10% earned less than $71,420, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment of computer and information systems managers is projected grow 18% between 2010 and 2020.
Many different positions are obtainable by those completing an Information Technology MBA master degree program, in the form of additional benefits and packages as well as above average salaries. This is because there is a high demand in IT sector as the business and security needs of firms are rapidly changing so the future is very bright for candidates wishing to work in this industry.
Technology Managment Programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MBA - Information Technology
- Master of Business Administration
- MS in Management - Information Technology
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration - Technology Management
- Master of Science in Management IT and Project Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MBA - Information Systems
- MBA - No Specialization
- MBA - Project Management
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Small Business Information Technology
- Master of Business Administration - Economics
- Master of Business Administration - Interdisciplinary Business
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - Management
- MBA - Project Management
- Master's (MIT) - IT Project Management
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- Whether you work for a start-up company or large business our M.S. in Management will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to contribute to the strategic vision of your company.
- The program draws from the areas of strategic planning, accounting, finance, and ethics to provide you with a comprehensive view of what it takes to create effective strategies within your business.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field.
- Master - Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate - Human Resource Management
- Master - Information Technology Management
- Dynamic Virtual Campus Experience – Classes are hosted in weekly, face-to-face online settings that utilize video conferencing technology to create an intimate learning environment.
- Demanding Academic and Admissions Standards – MPH@GW students are held to the same selective admissions criteria as on-campus students, and complete the same academically rigorous curriculum.
- Real Courses Delivered by Real Faculty – The GW faculty are world-renowned leaders in the field, and personally design and teach MPH@GW courses.
- Hands-On Field Placement Learning – Students will complete a customized practicum field experience that is designed to build hands-on skill in a student’s chosen career path.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Psychology: Industrial & Organizational Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Business Administration - Information Technology Leadership
- Master of Business Aministration