Investment training courses today span a whole wide spectrum of subjects dealing primarily with investing and are often the best choices for those who want to enjoy the following benefits. Investment banking is a field of banking which helps companies in acquiring funds. In addition investment banking also offers advice for a wide range of transactions a company might engage in. Investment banks also give companies advice on mergers and acquisitions. Investments training courses will, for example, help in getting to grips with the practical aspects of cutting edge methodologies related to managing monies invested. They will also understand from studying case studies, which lay emphasis on the more practical aspects of managing invested money. Investment training courses should be taught by the best practitioners in the field and must at the very least be people that are management educators and practitioners of managing invested money. Case studies must play an important role in the education process and must be those that deal with certain sectors as well as industries.
Investment Education and Training
After completing investment training courses, the student should be able to benefit from balancing the theoretical aspects with the practical aspects and must be capable of using all the tools required to achieve success in their field.
Typically, such courses offer the student a chance to learn about the money market, understand the way that outlay return drivers work, understands outlay stats and outlay performance measurement. They also need to be educated about global speculation markets and should understand more about equity valuation as well as stock selection.
Investment training courses may include training in areas like securities license training, investment management training, stock investment training, securities lending training, and mutual funds, and investment banking training courses. Other courses might include:
- Bank management
- Real estate investments
- Banking law
- Credit management
In addition, the investment course must touch on hedging assets asset allocation theories and must also teach the student about risk management as well as proper tools with which to manage the funds. Other topics that need to be taught include how alternative funds enter the mainstay.
For those who are planning on taking Investment training courses it is necessary for them complete a Bachelors degree in Business or accounting or even finance. For those who wish to boost their careers it is necessary to have completed an MBA program which was focused on finance and/or economics.
Licenses and Certification
The Bureau of Labor Statistic (BLS) reports that brokers and investment bankers are required to register as representatives of their firm with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). To obtain the license, those who wish to become agents must pass several exams. Various licenses are available for selling different investment products and services.
Although not always a requirement, certification is an added advantage for those seeking employment or career advancement. Brokers, investment bankers, and financial services sales agents may earn the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification through by the CFA Institute.
For Financial Examiner working for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), they must have at least six semester hours in accounting.
Careers in Investments
Once you have completed investment training courses, there is a bright career awaiting you. For graduates of a good investment school, there are several opportunities available including in corporate finance and you can also find jobs in mergers and acquisitions and there are also many opportunities available in trading and in project finance.
Other options that will be available include working with derivatives and in structured finance. With the proper certification and/or licensure areas of employment include securities and commodities, banking, personal fiance and banking, as as well as corporate investments and real estates.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
Salaries for those who have completed investment training courses and who are working in speculation banking range from $100,000 to $130,000 for assistants and junior analysts. Those with an MBA will be able to earn between $90,000 and $180,000. Salaries vary and with 10% to 14% bonuses will add to considerable amount of earning.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports the following data for 2010:
The median annual wage of financial clerks was $33,710. The lowest 10% earned less than $22,920, and the top 10% earned more than $49,500. The employment of financial clerks is expected to grow by 11% from 2010 to 2010.
The median annual wage of securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents was $70,190. The lowest 10% earned less than $31,330, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment of securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents is expected to grow 15% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of financial examiners was $74,940. The lowest 10% earned less than $43,170, and the top 10% earned more than $134,820. The employment of financial examiners is projected to grow 27% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of financial analysts was $74,350. The lowest 10% earned less than $44,490, and the top 10% earned more than $141,700. The employment of financial analysts is expected to grow 23% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of financial managers was $103,910. The lowest 10% earned less than $56,120, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment among financial managers is expected to grow 9% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of personal financial advisors was $64,750. The lowest 10% earned less than $32,660, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. Employment of personal financial advisors is projected to grow 32% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of budget analysts was $68,200. The lowest 10% earned less than $44,860, and the top 10% earned more than $101,660. The employment of budget analysts is expected to grow 10% from 2010 to 2020.
After completing investment training courses, it is expected that the job outlook for such professionals will be fast and no different than those for other occupations. There will however be stiffer competition for jobs and so it is best to have a Masters degree which will give you an edge over other applicants. Therefore, speculation managers should be looking to broadening their skills and they must show greater competency by obtaining professional grade certification.
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- BSFIN - General Finance
- MS in Finance
- BSFIN - Accelerated MS Finance
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Finance
- Bachelor of Accounting
- And more...
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- BA/Sports and Recreation Management - Finance
- MBA - Finance
- And more...
- Enhance organizational performance and create effective traditional and virtual teams through motivation, organizational culture, and change management.
- Address the legal and ethical implications of human resources and administration in an organizational setting.
- Analyze business policy and strategy in relationship to competitors.
- Resolve conflict by utilizing various management styles and best practices.
- Understand employment and compensation requirements including insurance, salary, labor, health, and safety.
- Master in Finance
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- And more...
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Accounting - Bachelor's
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- BS in Business - Finance
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science : Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration :Financial Analysis
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration : Investment
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Financial Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Financial Management - D.B.A.
- Advanced Accounting - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- And more...
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Finance - Bachelor
- Finance - MBA (Master's)
- Accounting - Associate
- And more...