Legal studies degrees lead to careers in business, insurance, real estate, and government. You can work in law without being a paralegal or having a law degree in certain positions with this kind of degree. If you want to make the maximum contribution to society you should first of all analyze how you can use your time and knowledge to bring this about. Legal studies degrees would provide you with a base that would allow you to develop a career in which you play an important role in all matters pertaining to the law. You can pursue legal studies for a career in politics, public service, private enterprise, government, and nonprofit sectors.
Legal Studies Education and Training
Attorneys, judges, and lawyers would have all acquired such certification prior to being able to take on the best-paid and most rewarding positions. The salary that graduates from such courses command is very competitive. The actual figure would depend upon a range of factors such as location and the area of specialization. Even a low paid legal professional would have a lucrative career as compared to in other fields.
As the topics covered in legal studies online courses are diverse and in demand you would also be well placed to apply for careers outside of the legal field that have a high emphasis on critical thinking, research, and analysis. A legal studies degree can be a stepping stone to a long and financially rewarding career. Even an occupation such as teaching would become possible.
Choosing to complete legal studies degrees would allow you to have a future that is rewarding and can make a real difference to the world we live in. It would provide you with the type of information and knowledge crucial to finding gainful employment in the field as well as other professional occupations. Legal studies college requirement vary by individual program but various courses may be part of the core, for example:
- The Legal System
- Law Research
- Procedure and Practice of Civil Law
- Real Estate and Property Law
- Business Law
- Political Science
Legal Studies Programs
Legal Studies Careers
In the legal studies degree program you would be provided with the skills and knowledge necessary to be accepted for a broad range of career options. At the core of the curriculum would be modules that focus on familiarizing yourself with the regulations and rules that govern our everyday lives and interactions. Communication skills, critical thinking, analysis of events, decision making, and debating are all intrinsic components of such courses.
Legal studies degrees can be an incredibly useful certification to hold in today’s job market. If you were to complete a bachelor’s degree you would have the option of becoming a paralegal and be able to perform a range of essential tasks required in the legal offices and departments of private organizations as well as government bodies. Those who choose to continue their studies would also find the door is open to becoming a lawyer or even a judge.
Careers in legal studies may include working as a paralegal or legal secretary. Other possibilities appraiser, court clerk, human resources personnel, auditor, bar examiner, contract writer, data entry clerk, insurance claim adjuster, investigator, law clerk, and legislative assistant.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
There is almost no limit to the salaries available for the most desirable of positions in law. If you choose to specialize in a field such as personal injury law, immigration, or corporate law you can be expected to earn as much as $500,000 per year once you have a few years experience. The median annual wage of paralegals and legal assistants was $46,680 in 2010 with an employment expected to grow by 18% from 2010 to 2020 (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Specific to legal studies careers, some levels of income are:
- Human Resources Generalist – $44,000 to $79,5000
- Claims Adjuster – $44,500
- Lobbyists – $101,000
- Paralegals – $35,428 – $53,335
The demand for those with legal studies degrees shows no sign of abating and this is a trend that will continue. As the number of laws on the statute books increase, and the need for trained professionals rises every year, you can be certain that armed with a legal studies degree you will not be left struggling to find employment.
Legal Studies Programs
- Programs range from Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies, to Master of Public Administration, and more.
- One of the largest providers of online legal studies in the U.S.
- Students can enroll in internship courses that provide real-world experience in local law offices.
- Programs designed to keep students updated on the most recent changes to legal practices.
- BS in Legal Support and Services
- MS in Legal Studies
- Undergraduate in Legal Studies
- And more...
- Bachelor’s programs options include Law & National Security, Paralegal Studies, and Government.
- Regent University School of Law’s faculty was recognized among the Top 10 Faculty in the nation by The Princeton Review in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- Law & legal studies programs are fully approved by the American Bar Association (ABA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- Master of Public Administration in Law
- Master of Arts in Law - Wealth Management/Financial Planning
- And more...
- Criminal Justice degree programs include BA in Social and Criminal Justice, BA in Law Enforcement Administration, and more.
- Coursework covers areas such as forensics, criminal psychology, crime prevention, and terrorism.
- Students can specialize in subjects like Corrections Management, Criminal Investigations, Homeland Security, and more.
- Degree programs are 100% online, and can fit with any schedule.
- MS/Criminal Justice - Forensic Science
- BA/Social and Criminal Justice - Criminal Investigations
- MS/Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College Online. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor's degree programs for careers in the business, medical, legal, and computer technology fields. Our programs offer hands-on education and classroom discussions.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.