The liberal arts degree allows you to pursue a more specific degree program where you can use communications, reasoning, and thinking skills you develop during your program of study. What is what is liberal arts degree? Liberal Art refers to a curriculum that draws from several different disciplines. The liberal arts major offers a broad overview of arts, sciences, and humanities where you can study music, modern languages, music, English, anthropology, sociology, history, women’s studies, psychology, mathematics, international relations, political science and other disciplines.
Liberal Arts Education and Training
This could include history, science, art, literature, philosophy, and languages. It is not a specific program or course but an educational approach. Students unsure of which path they are taking toward a degree sometimes choose to enroll in a Liberal ability program until they decide. All the classes they take in this program will help them no matter which degree they are seeking. Some universities call their liberal arts and sciences schools Arts and Science colleges or departments.
Liberal Arts, Social Sciences & Humanities Programs
The purpose of a Liberal Art degree is to develop the students problem solving ability and rational thought. A study in this field requires a person to take religion, literature, philosophy, language, history, mathematics, sociology, English composition, and science classes. When they finish the general program, they can take more classes to get higher degrees on campus and in liberal arts programs.
Associate — This study can provide the basis for entry-level work or for further study. This program helps train you to think analytically and write effectively. You will also be exploring various fields of liberal arts study. You will enrich your world knowledge. You will also develop a broad framework to help you understand social changes in a global context.
Bachelor — To get this degree, liberal arts consist of an integrated core curriculum in the science and arts. It will also include help with student directed specialization. This is a popular degree for those with higher career ambitions. A BA in liberal arts can be the foundation for careers in medicine, science, law, and Foreign Service professionals.
Masters — This program can cover Masters fields such as MGS (General Studies), MS . Ed (Master of Science in Education), M Lit (Master of Literature) and many more.
Careers with Liberal Arts Degrees
Employers want someone who has the proven ability to think about different topics and is not trained to work in only one mind set. Look beyond the obvious career choices when you are choosing a liberal ability program specialization. A modern languages graduate can launch a career as a language specialist, or translator. There are many career options with a liberal arts degree, such as politics, journalism, law, business and many more.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
With masters in physics, the median salaries were between $80,000 and $130,000 annually. Those that were in the top 10% of this field could make over $159,000 annually. With masters in mathematics, the median salaries were between $71,000 and $119,000 annually. The top 10% in the mathematics field were making over $140,000. If you are working for the government in the mathematic field, you can expect an annual salary of $107,000.
For liberal art degree students use to get into the field of physics, could see up to a 16% job growth between now and 2018. The field of mathematics is expected to see the greatest growth of nearly 22% between now and 2018. They will need the mathematics for jobs in the computer science, engineering, software development and more. So, what are you waiting for? Go and get enrolled you with known institute and earn your liberal arts degree.
Communications and Journalism Programs
- Liberal Arts degrees include BAs in English, History, Applied Linguistics, and more.
- Coursework is designed to enhance students’ knowledge on a wide range of subjects, including history, culture, and art.
- Educators focus on developing their students’ critical, creative thinking, and communication skills.
- 100% online, flexible courses allow students to pursue their degree on their own schedule.
- BA/Journalism and Mass Communication
- BA/Applied Linguistics
- BA/Liberal Arts
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Liberal Studies Leadership
- BS in Liberal Studies
- Find Your Purpose with a Degree from GCU's College of Theology
- From the bachelor's to master's level, our college of ministry offers the education you need to prepare the next generation of disciples.
- Choose your emphasis - global ministry, biblical studies, youth ministry, divinity, worship leadership and more.
- Our transfer-friendly bachelor's and master's degree programs are designed for traditional campus and online students.
- The College of Theology's guiding pillars are Gospel Centered, Church Focused and Missions Oriented.
- Speak with an enrollment counselor today and learn about our various theology bachelor's and master's programs.
- Bachelor of Science in Sociology with an Emphasis in Social Work
- B.A. in History
- Master of Divinity with an Emphasis in Global Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor degree programs include English, Education, Mathematics, Theatre, Biophysical Sciences, Christian Ministry, and more.
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Education Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Regent’s School of Education has yielded a 95% pass rate on the School Leadership Licensure Assessment.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Government - Law and Public Policy
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Kingdom Business
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management - Environmental and Social Sustainability (Executive Format)
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month