What Is involved in a master in marketing management degree, and what kind of position can you expect to obtain upon graduation? Obtaining a master in marketing management masters will mean that you are given the skills necessary to take on key areas of employment in careers involving promotional work. You will be taught essential business knowledge which is specifically aimed at market management. Marketing is essential to successful business ventures. It is important to be able to come up with excellent strategies which can overcome problems and bring the company a positive name and become a trusted institution. You will require a marketing degree or related qualification which has already implemented some marketing skills before you can apply for a place on this course. It is not designed to teach this are from scratch. Extensive work experience can help you gain a place if you have achieved a degree in a non-business subject.
Marketing Management Training and Education
A degree in marketing management looks at the practical, real-life application of marketing principles. The marketing management course includes a variety of key areas of study which include: Reflective Learning in sales, Core Research Skills, Critical Understanding of Marketing, Brand Management, Managing Accounting and Finances Prices and Profits and Integrated Communications.
The marketing management course work includes sales management evaluation, advertising, market segmentation and strategy, brand and product development, pricing, promotion, distribution, market research, marketing communications, consumer behavior, etc. Other courses Internet marketing, electronic marketing, online marketing, and international marketing. In addition, courses may be offered in areas like:
- Consumer Behavior
- New Product Development and Marketing
- International Marketing
- Customer Relations
- Social Media and Mobile Marketing Strategies (New Media)
- Interactive and Direct Marketing
- Sales Management
- Business to Business Marketing
Marketing Management Careers
Once you have successfully passed this course you can then begin looking at careers and promotions in your chosen field. Promotional abilities is required in all professions so you can choose from: Retail Management, Fashion, Leisure and Tourism, Financial Services and Manufacturing.
You may find yourself working under the title of: Brand Manager, Sales Manager, Advertising Manager or Public Relations. Marketing managers analyze target markets, effectiveness of various marketing and advertising campaigns. They also drive the development of new products, brands, and brand extensions.
Your Masters will help you to become promoted in the ranks quickly and will have given you the necessary knowledge to become a great asset within any company. You will have been given essential people management skills as well as a good back ground in selling experience.
Experience in public relations provides you with a good solid career which can be extremely exciting and rewarding. Keeping up with modern trends is essential and online marketing is an area which marketing is increasingly in demand. If you want to make yourself more desirable to employers in the future then this is an area which will help you at the top.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
There is quite a big difference between potential earnings depending on the type and size of company that you work for. If you choose to work in a small local company you may find that your wages are significantly less than working in the cities for major businesses and corporations.
The wages will depend upon your chosen career. But you can expect the median salaries to include: Marketing Director $90,000 to $150, 000 per year, Assistant Advertising Manager $23,000 to $58,000 per year and Public Relations $30,000 to $60,000 per year.
Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) for 2010 was reported as follows for careers related to sales and marketing:
The median annual wage for advertising sales agents was $45,350. The lowest 10% earned less than $22,780 and the top 10% earned more than $96,040. The employment of advertising sales agents is expected to increase 13% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of sales managers was $98,530. The lowest 10% earned less than $49,960, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment of sales managers is expected to grow 12% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of advertising and promotions managers was $83,890. The lowest 10% earned less than $41,480, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment of advertising and promotions managers is expected to grow 13% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage for marketing managers was $112,800. The lowest 10% earned less than $57,750, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment of marketing managers is expected to grow 14% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of market research analysts was $60,570. The lowest 10% earned less than $33,350, and the top 10% earned more than $111,440. The employment of market research analysts is expected to grow 41% from 2010 to 2020.
Therefore it is imperative that you keep up to date and on top of how to market your business. Also engaging in the master in marketing management degree program will help you to stay one step ahead of the game and make you a desirable candidate for promotions or being head hunted.
- The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program is specially designed with insight from experienced faculty members and leading business practitioners.
- Already have a master’s in business or management? You may be eligible to apply credit for up to four courses toward your DBA, saving time and money.
- Students in the DBA program may choose from 16 specializations, including Entrepreneurship, Project Management, Marketing, Leadership, and more.
- The DBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- M.B.A. in Marketing
- M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) - Self designed
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - Marketing
- MBA - Management
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Risk Management
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Business Intelligence
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Internet Marketing, Master of Science (Online)
- The MBA@American curriculum focuses on experiential learning and emphasizes the importance of connections rather than competition.
- No standardized test scores or minimum professional work experience is required to apply to the program.
- Students build foundational skills across a range of business fields and can select from five career-focused concentrations of study.
- Delivered online by American University’s Kogod School of Business, MBA@American takes a collaborative approach to preparing tomorrow’s business leaders.
- Courses and coursework are authored by the same renowned Kogod faculty who teach on campus, and students are held to the same admissions and academic standards as their on-campus counterparts.
- MBA@American students attend in-person immersion experiences known as Business in the Capital.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MBA - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- MBA - Building Creativity
- MBA - Strategic Management
- Management - MBA
- And more...
- Master of Business Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Public Administration in Non-profit & Faith Based Organizations
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Public Administration - Federal Government
- And more...