Earning a MBA in finance is an ideal choice if you enjoy working numbers, and also enjoy a challenge but need the flexibility to complete the degree. Earning a masters degree in finance is as simple as going to a local university and taking courses, or even going online and earning hours through online courses. You can learn about the financial management of a business, and what is involved in financial analysis and prediction of future trends. What are the advantages of getting a Finance MBA? The advantages are many. You would receive added professional recognition, you would have the credits to show potential employers, and if you get certified, which is voluntary, you will add to your advancement potential. With an MBA in finance you will be prepares to perform managerial, technical support, and applied research functions that are related to the operation of for-profit and non-profit organizations and the buying and selling of goods and services.
Finance Education and Training
MBA in finance courses include investment management, portfolio management, international finance, banking management, risk management, and financial markets. To start out in a finance career, you will first need a degree of bachelor is that discipline. Then you can take the classes necessary to get your MBA. This needs to include advanced finance classes where you will learn about important topics such as research and analysis.
To get your MBA, you would have to take specific courses in general business the first half of your studies, and then you would study specialized courses in corporate finance the second half. Finance courses might include things like capital asset pricing models, future contracts and markets, capital budgeting, investment strategies, and operational auditing. Basics would include investment, macro and micro economics, statistics, and accounting. Additional courses may include:
- Risk Analysis and Management
- Financial Markets and Investments Institutions
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Modeling
- Multinational Finance
- International Monetary Systems
Some of the characteristics of someone who would be good at getting this degree are they are good at math and analysis of figures, they have exceptional computer skills, and they are up to date on the most recent technology advances. You must fill a specific need and know what to study in order to succeed in the current economy.
Licenses and Certification
The Bureau of Labor Statistic (BLS) reports that brokers and investment bankers are required to register as representatives of their firm with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). To obtain the license, those who wish to become agents must pass several exams. Various licenses are available for selling different investment products and services.
Although not always a requirement, certification is an added advantage for those seeking employment or career advancement. Brokers, investment bankers, and financial services sales agents may earn the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification through by the CFA Institute.
For Financial Examiner working for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), they must have at least six semester hours in accounting.
Careers in Finance
Where would you use the information you learn in finance MBA degree programs? Well, you can work in the corporate and world financial markets, do investment analysis, insurance and risk management, and work in money and banking areas. You can have a career as a controller, cash manager, or a treasurer with salaries from $55,000 up to $124,000 annually. This is a very lucrative field to go into today and one of the fastest growing fields around.
You would be working with clients to help them with investment portfolios, analyzing returns on investments, personal finances, and making sure they do not invest in risky securities. You would be the personal defense against bad investments for your clients and keep them from making costly mistakes in their investing portfolios.
Some of the most lucrative jobs now according to Pay Scale, Inc. are for someone who has a background in this area. These include personal financial advisors, portfolio managers, financial analysts, financial analysts, securities, investment analysts, and credit risk management analysts. There are jobs available at banks or even smaller, boutique banks. These are just a few of the many jobs that are possible for someone who has obtained a Finance MBA.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics recent figures suggest that getting an MBA finance degree would get you an average salary of $65,650 annually. The highest paid person made about $99, 940 and the lowest was $31,860. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports the following data for 2010:
The median annual wage of financial clerks was $33,710. The lowest 10% earned less than $22,920, and the top 10% earned more than $49,500. The employment of financial clerks is expected to grow by 11% from 2010 to 2010.
The median annual wage of securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents was $70,190. The lowest 10% earned less than $31,330, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment of securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents is expected to grow 15% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of financial examiners was $74,940. The lowest 10% earned less than $43,170, and the top 10% earned more than $134,820. The employment of financial examiners is projected to grow 27% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of financial analysts was $74,350. The lowest 10% earned less than $44,490, and the top 10% earned more than $141,700. The employment of financial analysts is expected to grow 23% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of financial managers was $103,910. The lowest 10% earned less than $56,120, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment among financial managers is expected to grow 9% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of personal financial advisors was $64,750. The lowest 10% earned less than $32,660, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. Employment of personal financial advisors is projected to grow 32% from 2010 to 2020.
The median annual wage of budget analysts was $68,200. The lowest 10% earned less than $44,860, and the top 10% earned more than $101,660. The employment of budget analysts is expected to grow 10% from 2010 to 2020.
The pay would vary depending on your experience, specializations, industry, and educational background. The job growth for someone with a MBA Finance would be steadily rising now through 2020. The salaries commanded are higher, and you would have better chances to get that promotion.
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Finance
- MBA - Finance
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- And more...
- Identify and solve organizational problems using a systematic decision making approach.
- Critically analyze the environment, identify problems, and research alternative solutions in the development and execution of strategy within a global marketplace.
- Execute strategic planning and best practices for cost and risk management, financial metrics, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Apply techniques for quantifying and managing the impact of change on a project.
- Evaluate testing, reliability, validity, and product quality data to ensure project success.
- Determine the primary traits and factors associated with successful leaders from a performance perspective through the use of leadership inventories and assessments.
- Master in Finance
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - Finance
- MBA - Management
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- And more...
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MBA - Finance
- MA Accountancy
- MBA - Business Economics
- And more...
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Finance
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Business Intelligence
- The MBA@American curriculum focuses on experiential learning and emphasizes the importance of connections rather than competition.
- No standardized test scores or minimum professional work experience is required to apply to the program.
- Students build foundational skills across a range of business fields and can select from five career-focused concentrations of study.
- Delivered online by American University’s Kogod School of Business, MBA@American takes a collaborative approach to preparing tomorrow’s business leaders.
- Courses and coursework are authored by the same renowned Kogod faculty who teach on campus, and students are held to the same admissions and academic standards as their on-campus counterparts.
- MBA@American students attend in-person immersion experiences known as Business in the Capital.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science : Finance
- Master of Business Administration : Finance
- Master of Science: Accounting
- And more...
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Finance - MBA (Master's)
- Accounting - MBA (Master's)
- Business Intelligence - MBA (Master's)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
- Master in Business Administration - Management