Many medical billing training offers can be attained at accredited degrees and programs. This includes medical billing, medical coding, and medical transcription. You will prepare to fill the billing and coding demand, which has greatly increased. There are many medical insurance billing, medical coding, and medical transcription opportunities in major health care facilities across the country, including hospitals, physicians’ offices, private care facilities, insurance companies, and other health care areas. You can learn more about medical billing training programs in that lead to careers in billing and coding by requesting information from accredited colleges and universities that offer programs both online and on campus. Some medical billing training colleges provide you with the opportunity to pursue more clinical roles, including positions involving anatomy and physiology. This means that along with your medical insurance billing and coding certification, you can further your health administration training later in your career.
Medical Billing and Coding Education and Training
In medical billing training you will learn more about medical billing training and why accurate medical insurance billing and coding is important to the medical industry, and is dependent on a quality education. You can complete a Diploma in Medical Coding and Billing in a relatively short amount of time.
In accredited medical billing training programs you will learn about billing and coding techniques, as well as medical law and office practices and procedures. You can then earn a degree, diploma or certification. Most medical insurance billing and coding programs are followed by a certification exam that will ensure that you remain up-to-date in your field and career. Courses may include:
- Physician-Based Medical Coding
- Hospital-Based Medical Coding
- Medical Billing Software
- Insurance Terminology
- Medical Terminology
- Health Insurance and Reimbursement
- Anatomy and Physiology
When you successfully complete your program requirements and exams, you can obtain membership in the Medical Association of Billers (MAB).
Medical Transcription, Billing, and Coding Careers
If you enjoy working with numbers, organizations and patient interaction but relieves you of most physical duties you would enjoy a career in medical billing by first getting a Certificate in Medical Coding or a Medical Billing Certificate.
Billing and coding responsibilities may include preparing bills, itemizing statements, bills and invoices, speaking with patients on the phone or in person, and calculating and recording patient records. Recent changes to United States medical insurance legislation have increased the need for qualified medical billers and coders and programs such as an associate of arts in health care administration Billing and Coding lead to a career in the medical field.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
With a medical billing and coding training you can earn between $10.00-$15.00 an hour. The middle 50% of medical billers and coders earn between $36,000 and $44,600 a year. The the middle 50% of medical transcriptionists earn between $32,900 and $41,000. The top 10% earn $44,00 and higher. As of 2012, the median expected salary for a Medical Billing Clerk is around $33,509. The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that 1 out of 3 workers in the health care industry works in a billing and coding position.
Due to the large number of patients at United States clinics and hospitals, qualified medical insurance billing and coding personnel continue to be in demand. Hospitals, clinics and other facilities need employees to complete insurance claim forms quickly and correctly and follow up with additional recording and billing.According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employees in medical insurance billing and coding will continue to be in great demand over the next 10 years. This makes medical billing training an area of continual growth.
Medical Billing and Coding Programs
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- DIP - Medical Billing and Coding
- AAS - Medical Office Administration
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Health Information Management - Associate's
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Electronic Health Records - Associate of Occupational Science
- Bachelor’s program options include Cybersecurity, Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, and more.
- A BAS in Information Systems Technology is also available for students who already hold an A.A.S degree.
- Regent University’s tech programs are designed to prepare students for careers in Software Development and Engineering, Computer Information Security, Network Administration, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Health Care Administration - D.B.A.
- Health Care Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Healthcare Management
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Executive Master of Health Administration