Natural health schools for a career in alternative medicine. If you would like to be involved in the healthcare industry but would not like to be a doctor, then it is advisable to join natural health schools to pursue alternative career in medicine. With a natural health career, you do not need to study conventional medicine. Choosing a career in natural health will require planning and research. Before selecting educational programs, it is advisable to first research the law and requirements of the local government. This will help you know what educational requirements exist and choose the most suitable program. Some schools offer introductory seminars, which last a day to familiarize students about the course. You can undertake full time programs or online programs and your natural health school of choice. It is also possible to undertake apprenticeship programs or correspondence programs.
Natural Health Education and Training
Course levels include diploma, advanced diploma and degree programs. The duration of time it takes to complete a course depends on the mode of study selected and the course undertaken. This means that some courses can be as short as six weeks. But on average, it takes three to five years to undertake a full time course. This field generally involves the study of the human body. Natural health degree programs might offer curricula in:
- Clinical Nutrition
- Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Colon Therapy
Most health careers require licensing before one can start practicing. You have to achieve the minimum number of study hours as set by the governing body in charge of the particular field of study you are interested in. For instance, The American Reflexology Certification Board has set the duration of 200 hours for classes. The National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine certifies students who take acupuncture.
Natural Health Careers
This career involves working alongside physicians or as a replacement or alternative to medical cures. Some of the fields you can work in include massage therapy, acupuncture and aromatherapy. Choose the field you are most comfortable to work in.
Personnel in this industry work an average of 15 hours a week. They deal with a variety of clientele from children, to women and men. Some of them suffering from acute illnesses or those who just want to maintain a healthy life.
The main goal of the natural healer being to gradually help a patient recover and change their lifestyle in order to improve their overall health. This involves providing wholesome treatment that covers the spiritual aspect, physical as well as mental.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
According to the National Center for Complementary and alternative medicine, almost half of Americans rely on alternative medicine to meet their treatment needs. Alternative medicine is starting to become more recognized by the medical community as they prevent wellness through disease prevention. These healing methods continue to become integrated in the mainstream healthcare. This means that careers in natural health remain in high demand.
Individuals who have attended natural health schools can work in spas, clinics, wellness centers, hotels and be self employed. They can also work in advisory positions in pharmacies or health food stores. According to current data, the salary scale for those who work in natural health varies from $65,890 to $ 97,880.
Alternative Health Programs
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Nutrition Science
- Earn your online degree from SNHU. Study Anytime, Anywhere. Flexible on your schedule
- Over 200 career-focused online programs, one of the lowest tuition rates in the nation and a network of support.
- Southern New Hampshire University. Private. Nonprofit. Accredited.
- IMBA - Healthcare Management
- MBA with concentration in Healthcare Informatics
- MBA with concentration in Healthcare Management
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
We know that you want to learn more than just the basics, so we do things a little differently. Our focus is on you—the student—as a whole. At CMSM you will learn valuable business, life, and communication skills which set you apart from other massage therapists—skills that prepare you to achieve success both professionally and personally.
- Massage Therapy
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Virginia School of Massage, that career can be yours.
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Massage Therapy - Diploma