Natural health schools for a career in alternative medicine. If you would like to be involved in the healthcare industry but would not like to be a doctor, then it is advisable to join natural health schools to pursue alternative career in medicine. With a natural health career, you do not need to study conventional medicine. Choosing a career in natural health will require planning and research. Before selecting educational programs, it is advisable to first research the law and requirements of the local government. This will help you know what educational requirements exist and choose the most suitable program. Some schools offer introductory seminars, which last a day to familiarize students about the course. You can undertake full time programs or online programs and your natural health school of choice. It is also possible to undertake apprenticeship programs or correspondence programs.
Natural Health Education and Training
Course levels include diploma, advanced diploma and degree programs. The duration of time it takes to complete a course depends on the mode of study selected and the course undertaken. This means that some courses can be as short as six weeks. But on average, it takes three to five years to undertake a full time course. This field generally involves the study of the human body. Natural health degree programs might offer curricula in:
- Clinical Nutrition
- Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Colon Therapy
Most health careers require licensing before one can start practicing. You have to achieve the minimum number of study hours as set by the governing body in charge of the particular field of study you are interested in. For instance, The American Reflexology Certification Board has set the duration of 200 hours for classes. The National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine certifies students who take acupuncture.
Natural Health Careers
This career involves working alongside physicians or as a replacement or alternative to medical cures. Some of the fields you can work in include massage therapy, acupuncture and aromatherapy. Choose the field you are most comfortable to work in.
Personnel in this industry work an average of 15 hours a week. They deal with a variety of clientele from children, to women and men. Some of them suffering from acute illnesses or those who just want to maintain a healthy life.
The main goal of the natural healer being to gradually help a patient recover and change their lifestyle in order to improve their overall health. This involves providing wholesome treatment that covers the spiritual aspect, physical as well as mental.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
According to the National Center for Complementary and alternative medicine, almost half of Americans rely on alternative medicine to meet their treatment needs. Alternative medicine is starting to become more recognized by the medical community as they prevent wellness through disease prevention. These healing methods continue to become integrated in the mainstream healthcare. This means that careers in natural health remain in high demand.
Individuals who have attended natural health schools can work in spas, clinics, wellness centers, hotels and be self employed. They can also work in advisory positions in pharmacies or health food stores. According to current data, the salary scale for those who work in natural health varies from $65,890 to $ 97,880.
Alternative Health Programs
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Massage Therapy - Associate's
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Nutrition Science
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Virginia School of Massage, that career can be yours.
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Bachelor of Science: Nutrition Science
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Massage Therapy - Diploma
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Massage Therapy
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Veterinary Technology - Associates