This article examines course requirements for a non profit management masters degree and the career opportunities for people that possess the degree. Regardless of whether you are looking for a career uplift or a chance to break into the nonprofit world, a master’s degree with a focus on the public sector can help attain your goals. When you obtain a non-profit management masters degree there are many different career opportunities that open to you. People that possess this type of degree are given the option to enter into diverse fields such as management, business and other financially related occupations. The trend is showing a rise in the workforce for people that possess this type of degree.
Non Profit Management Education and Training
In order to obtain one of these degrees students are mandated to engage in studies in many different sectors. Students will need to complete their general studies which include mathematics, biology, English, and economics.
A few other courses such as marketing and things that involve business and business related actions are also offered to students in order to increase their skills in the field that they decide to enter into. Courses may include:
- Grant Writing and Management
- Contract Management
- Nonprofit Financial Management
- Nonprofit Resource Development
- Human Resources Management in Nonprofit Organizations
- Volunteerism in Nonprofit Organizations
A lot of the non profit management courses that students will be asked to take in order to receive this degree will be based around the type of industry that they are wishing to enter into after they have completely completed the course. All students that want to enter into a non profit management position with their obtained degree will be implored to volunteer at the industry of their choice so they can gather an idea of how the industry operates on a day to day basis.
Careers in Non Profit Management
After graduating from an institution that offers the non profit management masters degree program students will be able to enter the workforce as a manager or supervisor. Students will be able to obtain advocacy jobs, grant making jobs as well as employment with different civic organizations.
The recent growth in the number of nonprofit graduate programs indicates that there is various opportunities in the field of nonprofit management. As the economy continues to grow the demand for non profit organizations will surprisingly enough grow right along with it.
Most students will be spending a lot of time in an office environment when they are employed by one of these industries. They will consistently be surrounded by volunteers and other team members. Students will be expected to know how to instruct all members of their team because of their honors qualifications. Most of the jobs within this career field will have variable schedules.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
Earnings within this line of work fluctuate based upon the type of organization that a student decides to work for. Their earnings can start at $18.00 per hour or go up to $35.00 per hour based upon the industry. So, yearly students can expect to earn anywhere from $34,560 to $67,000.
Based on your qualifications after graduating from your higher learning institution there is a chance that you may be able to earn more funds. These numbers expressed are clearly median numbers that new students graduating with a non profit management masters degree were able to obtain.
Jobs within the non profit sector are expected to increase by 14% by the year 2018. This means the need for individuals that possess one of these degrees will increase overtime. In 2008, median annual earnings for managers was nearly $100,000 although starting salaries for other post ions pay between $20,000 and $50,000 annually.
All other industries outside of this sector are only expected to grow by eleven percent by the year 2018. This equates to the fact that students that receive a non profit management masters degree will have better job prospects than individuals that do not possess this higher learning degree.
Non-Profit Management Programs
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Public Administration in Non-profit & Faith Based Organizations
- Master of Business Administration - Not-for-Profit Management
- Master of Public Administration
- And more...
- Choose from over 200 online undergraduate and graduate programs designed to take you where you want to go.
- Online tuition rates at SNHU are frozen at 2012 levels for the fifth consecutive year.
- Online education with SNHU means 24/7 access. Multiple term starts per year mean you’ll finish your degree faster.
- MS Management
- MS Management - Emergency Management
- MBA - Economics
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Public Administration - Governmental Management
- Master of Public Administration - General MPA
- And more...
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Public Administration
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Business Administration - Project Management
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - Management
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- Whether you work for a start-up company or large business our M.S. in Management will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to contribute to the strategic vision of your company.
- The program draws from the areas of strategic planning, accounting, finance, and ethics to provide you with a comprehensive view of what it takes to create effective strategies within your business.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field.
- MS - Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Psychology: Industrial & Organizational Psychology
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- MBA Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Mini MBA Certificate/Management
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Industrial and Organizational Psychology