A non profit MBA can be an option for people who are looking for work today in a sector that goes beyond business or corporate environments. A non-profit management can be compared for both its similarities to and differences from traditional business management. As with a regular degree in management, a nonprofit management degree focuses on building skills in organizational governance, finance, administration, and entrepreneurship. Jobs in many markets are scarce however in this particular segment of the market they are readily available as there is a high rate of job turnover. People with this qualification are better suited to become leaders in associations, educational institutions, foundations and of course non-profit organizations. These organizations do work for the community and are not focused on gains but more on uplifting the community in a way. Candidates for this post will need to acquire certain skills many of which will be learned in the non profit MBA degree program.
Non Profit Management Education and Training
While studying for the non profit MBA degree course students will become proficient in business and taxation law as it applies to these specific corporations, as well as management in accounting, human resources, business and public administration. Candidates will also learn how to measure success, generate operating finance and attract the right kinds of professionals into the corporation.
There are many courses that candidates will be expected to take and they are specific to working in the not for profit arena. These would include job outlook, human resource management, executive leadership, and career related information. Other important subjects include urban management, negotiations, financial control, public programs evaluation, managing of the no gains sector, environmental affairs, law and public affairs and statistical analysis. In addition, other courses may add to your portfolio, for example:
- Strategic Planning and Management
- Public Health Policy
- Managing Contracts and Grants
- Public and Nonprofit Program Evaluation
- Public Policy
- International Development and NGO Management
- Managing Fund Raising and Philanthropy
Careers in Non Profit Management
In management positions it might not be that easy to get work though. For this reason people who wish to work for such an organization should try to get an MBA (Master of Business Administration). On completing the program candidates can expect their work to be emotionally and financially rewarding. The two principal responsibilities include increasing the gains of the company and administering the corporation. The gains are for selected beneficiaries and not shareholders as happens with traditional companies.
Candidates will need to be strong in the areas of business administration, marketing, and accounting and last but certainly not least, leadership. Salaries in these corporations will be lower than in profit-oriented corporations and this because the core business is raising funds for causes to which a large chunk of the money goes.
Jobs are freely available in these corporations and predictions expect this trend to continue. Research has shown that American citizens are becoming more charitable as time goes by. This is good news for employees in this sector, as it seems that their services will be needed for a long time to come.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
Senior managers and directors can still earn decent enough income and enjoy the uplifting work that they will be doing. Some positions at these levels will pay six figure annual incomes. The fringe benefits are usually very good in this case but they do vary from organization to organization.
Jobs within the non profit sector are expected to increase by 14% by the year 2018. This means the need for individuals that possess one of these degrees will increase overtime. In 2008, median annual earnings for managers was nearly $100,000 although starting salaries for other positions pay between $20,000 and $50,000 annually.
Statistics across various areas in the country show increase on average of 20%. In ten years the amount of organizations that registered with the IRS grew at a rate of in excessive of 27%. During the same time frame other similar organizations increased by more than 50%. Each day around one hundred corporations in this sector register with the IRS. This news certainly bodes well for people contemplating obtaining a non profit MBA degree.
Nonprofit Management Programs
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Public Administration in Non-profit & Faith Based Organizations
- Master of Business Administration - Not-for-Profit Management
- Master of Public Administration
- And more...
- Choose from over 200 online undergraduate and graduate programs designed to take you where you want to go.
- Online tuition rates at SNHU are frozen at 2012 levels for the fifth consecutive year.
- Online education with SNHU means 24/7 access. Multiple term starts per year mean you’ll finish your degree faster.
- MS Management
- MS Management - Emergency Management
- MBA - Economics
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Public Administration - Governmental Management
- Master of Public Administration - General MPA
- And more...
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Public Administration
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Business Administration - Project Management
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - Management
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- Whether you work for a start-up company or large business our M.S. in Management will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to contribute to the strategic vision of your company.
- The program draws from the areas of strategic planning, accounting, finance, and ethics to provide you with a comprehensive view of what it takes to create effective strategies within your business.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field.
- MS - Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Psychology: Industrial & Organizational Psychology
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- MBA Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Mini MBA Certificate/Management
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Industrial and Organizational Psychology