Considering psychology bachelors degree programs? What careers do a psychology bachelor degrees lead to? What classes would be offered in a psychology program? A bachelor’s degree in psychology can be viewed as a general degree which can be used to attain many different psychology-related careers in business, social services, human services, counseling, etc. While earning a bachelors of psychology degree online, you can take up a job during the day so that you can gain experience in the field. Psychology is one of the most important jobs these days. People are stressing more about everyday things and need assistance from such a professional to help them cope with these problems. Many colleges now offer you the opportunity to study through online programs.
Psychology Education and Training
Online psychology bachelors degree will teach you all there is to know about psychology as well as the importance of this within society. You will have to be able to handle cases that will vary from something simple to something very intense.
It is important that you do not get emotionally involved with the patients that will visit you. Here they will give you guidelines to stay neutral yet full of compassion and understanding. Human emotions and body language will be your most important skills that you can learn through a college education. Online psychology courses may include:
- Introduction to psychology
- History of psychology
- Social psychology
- Developmental psychology
- Adolescent psychology
- Child psychology
- Cognitive psychology
- Psychology of personality
- Physiological psychology
- Research methods in psychology and statistics
Once you have your bachelor’s degree an experience from your internship you will have to think about finding a job. You cannot start your own practice from the first day, as you will need capital to start. It is important to work in an area where you will gain more experience even after the internship, for example a hospital or other institution for the first two years.
Psychologists are generally required to hold master’s, specialist, or doctoral degree in psychology. In addition, practicing psychologists are also required to have a license or certification. In addition, psychologists who practice independently are required to be licensed (Bureau of Labor Statistics – BLS).
School psychologists are also required to be licensed or certified, as per the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). In addition, The American Board of Professional Psychology awards certification in 13 areas of psychology including clinical health, couple and family, psychoanalysis, and rehabilitation (BLS).
Careers in Psychology
Your main job will be to meet with patients and listen to what they have to tell you. After your session, you will have to do an evaluation and try to work on the best solution for your client’s problems. You might even need to meet with various criminals so that you can assist with court cases. This field is known as criminology, which is the study of the psychology of crime.
With the increase in stress levels today more patients require assistance. This type of job is growing strongly and the demand for psychologists is increasing by the day. You will be able to have a great future in this field. By being able to assist other people with their problems you are helping yourself by feeling more confident in what it is you are doing.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
The median annual wage of psychologists was $68,640 in 2010. The lowest 10% earned less than $39,200 while the top 10 percent earned over $111,810. The overall employment of psychologists is expected to grow 22% between 2010 and 2020.
Previously, people felt that uncomfortable to seek the assistance of a psychologist but this is gradually changing, which in turn influences the role of completing your online psychology bachelors degree match societal trends.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Associate of Arts in Psychology
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Consumer Behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Organizational Behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Psychology - Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- BS in Criminal Justice - Forensic Psychology