Considering psychology bachelors degree programs? What careers do a psychology bachelor degrees lead to? What classes would be offered in a psychology program? A bachelor’s degree in psychology can be viewed as a general degree which can be used to attain many different psychology-related careers in business, social services, human services, counseling, etc. While earning a bachelors of psychology degree online, you can take up a job during the day so that you can gain experience in the field. Psychology is one of the most important jobs these days. People are stressing more about everyday things and need assistance from such a professional to help them cope with these problems. Many colleges now offer you the opportunity to study through online programs.
Psychology Education and Training
Online psychology bachelors degree will teach you all there is to know about psychology as well as the importance of this within society. You will have to be able to handle cases that will vary from something simple to something very intense.
It is important that you do not get emotionally involved with the patients that will visit you. Here they will give you guidelines to stay neutral yet full of compassion and understanding. Human emotions and body language will be your most important skills that you can learn through a college education. Online psychology courses may include:
- Introduction to psychology
- History of psychology
- Social psychology
- Developmental psychology
- Adolescent psychology
- Child psychology
- Cognitive psychology
- Psychology of personality
- Physiological psychology
- Research methods in psychology and statistics
Once you have your bachelor’s degree an experience from your internship you will have to think about finding a job. You cannot start your own practice from the first day, as you will need capital to start. It is important to work in an area where you will gain more experience even after the internship, for example a hospital or other institution for the first two years.
Psychologists are generally required to hold master’s, specialist, or doctoral degree in psychology. In addition, practicing psychologists are also required to have a license or certification. In addition, psychologists who practice independently are required to be licensed (Bureau of Labor Statistics – BLS).
School psychologists are also required to be licensed or certified, as per the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). In addition, The American Board of Professional Psychology awards certification in 13 areas of psychology including clinical health, couple and family, psychoanalysis, and rehabilitation (BLS).
Careers in Psychology
Your main job will be to meet with patients and listen to what they have to tell you. After your session, you will have to do an evaluation and try to work on the best solution for your client’s problems. You might even need to meet with various criminals so that you can assist with court cases. This field is known as criminology, which is the study of the psychology of crime.
With the increase in stress levels today more patients require assistance. This type of job is growing strongly and the demand for psychologists is increasing by the day. You will be able to have a great future in this field. By being able to assist other people with their problems you are helping yourself by feeling more confident in what it is you are doing.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
The median annual wage of psychologists was $68,640 in 2010. The lowest 10% earned less than $39,200 while the top 10 percent earned over $111,810. The overall employment of psychologists is expected to grow 22% between 2010 and 2020.
Previously, people felt that uncomfortable to seek the assistance of a psychologist but this is gradually changing, which in turn influences the role of completing your online psychology bachelors degree match societal trends.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- BS in Psychology - Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- BS in Criminal Justice - Forensic Psychology
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Consumer Behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Organizational Behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- B.A. in Psychology
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science
- B.S. in Psychology
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- And more...
- Degrees include BA in Psychology, BA in Applied Behavioral Science, MA in Psychology, and more.
- Courses focus on developing students’ understanding of the psychological factors involved in human behavior.
- Instruction designed to prepare students for various career paths, including careers in the mental health field, business, and law.
- Flexible online courses help students pursue their degree on their own schedule.
- BA/Cognitive Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.