With a psychology masters degree you will be able to join the ambitious crowd of successful psychologists today. The popularity for these jobs is increasing every single day. With the bachelor degree behind you, you will be able to start studying for your degree quickly. During your online studies, you will learn how to understand the way other people think, feel and act. You will obviously work with people from all different types of backgrounds therefore social studies about people will be high on the list of studies. In order to get your degree in this field you will need to study for around seven years in order to cover all aspects. It does not mean now that you have your degree that you can stop learning. You will be able to learn something new on a daily basis by doing various tests on your patients. Reading through history books to see what others did in similar cases that you might be struggling with will teach you a new method as well.
Psychology Education and Training
Psychology masters programs will teach you how to manage your very own psychology practice as well. With this knowledge, you will be able to manage staff working for you, the financial as well as the human side of the practice. When it comes to psychology, you do not need to specialize in one direction only.
In many online psychology masters degree programs, you can choose clinical psychology, criminal psychology, a school psychologist and forensic psychology. Graduate level psychology courses may include psychology, sociology, communications, and science. Particular psychology courses may include:
- Principles of Learning (Educational Psychology)
- Physiological Basis of Behavior
- Cognitive Psychology
- Psychology of Social Behavior
- Adolescent Psychology
- Theories of Personality
While a four-year bachelor’s degree is the entry point for many psychology and counseling professionals, many professionals research and leadership by completing a master’s degrees. With a normal psychology certificate, you will be able to work in this career field but you will not be able to acquire your license to start a practice. It is best to study a little longer and map a successful career for yourself. Online psychology courses may include:
- Social psychology
- Developmental psychology
- Adolescent psychology
- Child psychology and development
- Cognitive psychology
- Psychology of personality
- Physiological psychology
- Research methods in psychology and statistics
Psychologists are generally required to hold master’s, specialist, or doctoral degree in psychology. In addition, practicing psychologists are also required to have a license or certification. In addition, psychologists who practice independently are required to be licensed (Bureau of Labor Statistics – BLS).
School psychologists are required to be licensed or certified, as per the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). In addition, The American Board of Professional Psychology awards certification in 13 areas of psychology including clinical health, couple and family, psychoanalysis, and rehabilitation (BLS).
Careers in Psychology
The work that you as psychologist will have to do is to teach others how to improve the way in which they live their lives. You will be constantly busy with research as there are new ideas and ways to assist people coming up every day.
The communities will expect some sort of social contribution from you and you and do this by volunteering at schools or various clinics. A psychologist has to work hard in order to keep up with everything going on around them.
They also have to listen to the problems of others and help them overcome various obstacles. In many cases, this is tiring and can drain you emotionally. With a online psychology masters degree you can also work in social services, human services, college teaching, industrial and organizational psychology and counseling.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
This is probably why these people earn salaries with a minimum basic of $50,000 per year. Your salary will obviously depend on the direction that you are specializing. Forensic psychologists earn more than clinical psychologists do.
The median annual wage of psychologists was $68,640 in 2010. The lowest 10% earned less than $39,200 while the top 10 percent earned over $111,810. The overall employment of psychologists is expected to grow 22% between 2010 and 2020. People are working in much harder and stressful environments. Having an online psychology masters degree is something that will outline your future in the years to come.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Science in General Psychology
- Several institutional scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Features several learning model options, including online, residency, and hybrid options.
- Offers graduate degree programs in organizational leadership, mind-body medicine, psychology and human science.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- Two teaching locations in Seattle, Washington with the university headquarters located in Oakland, California.
- M.A. Psychology
- Master's Degree in Psychology: Designed for the Working Adult
- Flexibility: We offer convenient online or evening programs to fit your schedule.
- Variety: Choose from General Psychology or an emphasis in Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- Programs focus on the development of critical thinking and leadership qualities, as they apply to your profession.
- Degrees designed for individuals who desire promotion and/or continued academic exposure in the field of psychology.
- Speak with an enrollment counselor today & decide which program interests you!
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Forensic Psychology
- M.S. Psychology with an Emphasis in Geropsychology
- M.S. in Psychology: General Psychology
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Applied Behavior Analysis Specialization
- MS in Psychology - General Psychology
- MS in Psychology
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.S. Applied Behavior Analysis
- M.A. Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- M.A. Forensic Psychology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Earn your Master of Arts in Counseling online from Northwestern in 18 months. No GRE Required.
- Northwestern’s faculty and placement team work closely with students to select clinical field sites based on each student’s location.
- With participating classmates across the nation, students build relationships with a diverse group of peers and learn from unique perspectives during live group sessions.
- Students participate in live, weekly classes instructed by Northwestern’s faculty, who also work as counselors and present real cases in the classroom.
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.