With a psychology masters degree you will be able to join the ambitious crowd of successful psychologists today. The popularity for these jobs is increasing every single day. With the bachelor degree behind you, you will be able to start studying for your degree quickly. During your online studies, you will learn how to understand the way other people think, feel and act. You will obviously work with people from all different types of backgrounds therefore social studies about people will be high on the list of studies. In order to get your degree in this field you will need to study for around seven years in order to cover all aspects. It does not mean now that you have your degree that you can stop learning. You will be able to learn something new on a daily basis by doing various tests on your patients. Reading through history books to see what others did in similar cases that you might be struggling with will teach you a new method as well.
Psychology Education and Training
Psychology masters programs will teach you how to manage your very own psychology practice as well. With this knowledge, you will be able to manage staff working for you, the financial as well as the human side of the practice. When it comes to psychology, you do not need to specialize in one direction only.
In many online psychology masters degree programs, you can choose clinical psychology, criminal psychology, a school psychologist and forensic psychology. Graduate level psychology courses may include psychology, sociology, communications, and science. Particular psychology courses may include:
- Principles of Learning (Educational Psychology)
- Physiological Basis of Behavior
- Cognitive Psychology
- Psychology of Social Behavior
- Adolescent Psychology
- Theories of Personality
While a four-year bachelor’s degree is the entry point for many psychology and counseling professionals, many professionals research and leadership by completing a master’s degrees. With a normal psychology certificate, you will be able to work in this career field but you will not be able to acquire your license to start a practice. It is best to study a little longer and map a successful career for yourself. Online psychology courses may include:
- Social psychology
- Developmental psychology
- Adolescent psychology
- Child psychology and development
- Cognitive psychology
- Psychology of personality
- Physiological psychology
- Research methods in psychology and statistics
Psychologists are generally required to hold master’s, specialist, or doctoral degree in psychology. In addition, practicing psychologists are also required to have a license or certification. In addition, psychologists who practice independently are required to be licensed (Bureau of Labor Statistics – BLS).
School psychologists are required to be licensed or certified, as per the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). In addition, The American Board of Professional Psychology awards certification in 13 areas of psychology including clinical health, couple and family, psychoanalysis, and rehabilitation (BLS).
Careers in Psychology
The work that you as psychologist will have to do is to teach others how to improve the way in which they live their lives. You will be constantly busy with research as there are new ideas and ways to assist people coming up every day.
The communities will expect some sort of social contribution from you and you and do this by volunteering at schools or various clinics. A psychologist has to work hard in order to keep up with everything going on around them.
They also have to listen to the problems of others and help them overcome various obstacles. In many cases, this is tiring and can drain you emotionally. With a online psychology masters degree you can also work in social services, human services, college teaching, industrial and organizational psychology and counseling.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
This is probably why these people earn salaries with a minimum basic of $50,000 per year. Your salary will obviously depend on the direction that you are specializing. Forensic psychologists earn more than clinical psychologists do.
The median annual wage of psychologists was $68,640 in 2010. The lowest 10% earned less than $39,200 while the top 10 percent earned over $111,810. The overall employment of psychologists is expected to grow 22% between 2010 and 2020. People are working in much harder and stressful environments. Having an online psychology masters degree is something that will outline your future in the years to come.
- Choose from over 200 online undergraduate and graduate programs designed to take you where you want to go.
- Online tuition rates at SNHU are frozen at 2012 levels for the fifth consecutive year.
- Online education with SNHU means 24/7 access. Multiple term starts per year mean you’ll finish your degree faster.
- MS Political Science
- Master of Science in Psychology - Forensic Psychology
- MS Psychology
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Applied Behavior Analysis Specialization
- MS in Psychology - General Psychology
- MS in Psychology
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Science in General Psychology
- Master's Degree in Psychology: Designed for the Working Adult
- Flexibility: We offer convenient online or evening programs to fit your schedule.
- Variety: Choose from General Psychology or an emphasis in Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- Programs focus on the development of critical thinking and leadership qualities, as they apply to your profession.
- Degrees designed for individuals who desire promotion and/or continued academic exposure in the field of psychology.
- Speak with an enrollment counselor today & decide which program interests you!
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Forensic Psychology
- M.S. Psychology with an Emphasis in Geropsychology
- M.S. in Psychology: General Psychology
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.S. Applied Behavior Analysis
- M.A. Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- M.A. Forensic Psychology
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology - MA in Psychology