There are several organizational leadership degrees that are available. It will depend on how long you wish to take training and what type of position you would like to have. Here is more information to consider for those that wish to be leaders in their chosen work. Organizational leadership blends of the art and the science in order to give an an organization a positive direction. It focuses on leadership in organizational contexts and in human life. Organizational leadership degrees may earn you a top-paying job, especially with a masters or PhD in organizational leadership. The future growth is expected to be about even. However, there are many good jobs with high pay and very good benefits. You will need a good SAT or ACT test score, in most situations. You will need a high school education or a GED. Some courses that you have in high school may be of value for required credits. For the graduate level you may need to take the GRE or GMAT for entry into the masters in organizational leadership or doctorate in educational leadership.
Organizational Leadership Education and Training
Organizational leadership training include the Organizational leadership masters and doctorate. Bachelor of Science in organizational leadership the program is usually four years and can be accomplished on campus or online. Many that wish to be directors and managers should consider this training, as it may prepare them for better positions in the future. It is a good way to receive basic knowledge and understanding in skills with managing people as well as business.
Many organizational leadership courses that you take may be required for further education, so they can be of great value if you wish to continue your studies. Here are some organizational leadership courses that you may be required to take.
- Group analysis
- Workplace dynamics
- Management concepts
- Management strategies
- Knowledge management
- Conflict resolution
- Instructional design
- Human performance improvement
You will need to already have a Bachelor’s degree and a high GRE score will be of great value. To receive your Masters, you may need to take courses like management and group dynamics. You may also need courses in math and statistics.
With masters organizational leadership degrees in organizational leadership the types of programs may be MA, MS, or MBA. The MA is the Master of Arts, and it will have many different options. Human resources and communications are two possibilities. The MS is the Master of Science, and it is designed to prepare you for teamwork management and problem solving. If you receive an MBA, it may be to advance your position at work.
Organizational Leadership Careers
There are various job possibilities with bachelor’s organizational leadership degrees and there may be several management positions available. Many will be at entry level, but there will also be some mid level opportunities. Those with organizational leadership degrees may receive a position as a marketing manager or a career planner. There is also the possibility of obtaining a position of human resources manager or supervisor.
Research methods and presentation may also be required depending on the organizational leadership position. There may be many opportunities in administration. This can be in the non-profit, as well as the for profit sector. Operations manager is another possibility. Also you may wish to start and run your own enterprise. Those with organizational leadership degrees may also get a job as human resources manager, project manager, or change manager.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
If you are getting ready to start your own business there is no limit to the income that you can earn. It usually starts out slowly, but can build into a very large amount. Of course, there is also the element of risk involved. These jobs have a median income in excess of $80,000 per year, according to the United States Bureau of Labor.
The median annual wage of psychologists was $68,640 in 2010. The lowest 10% earned less than $39,200 while the top 10% earned over $111,810. The overall employment of psychologists is expected to grow 22% between 2010 and 2020 (Bureau of Labor Statistics – BLS).
The median annual wage of human resources managers was $99,180 for the same period. The lowest 10% earned less than $61,560, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400. The employment of human resources managers is expected to grow 13% from 2010 to 2020 (BLS).
These jobs are expected to remain about the same in the future. Some jobs will disappear through mergers, and others will appear to balance them out. There is expected to be a lot of competition for the top jobs, due to the high pay and excellent job perks but those with advanced organizational management leadership degrees are more likely to receive priority.
Organizational Leadership Programs
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Leadership Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Business
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Leadership
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- MS in Management
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Doctor of Management - Global Leadership (Executive Format)
- Doctor of Management Executive Leadership (Executive Format)
- Master of Business Administration - Global Leadership
- And more...
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- MBA - Management
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Bachelor of Science : Liberal Studies Leadership
- Master of Science in Management : Leadership
- MS in Management
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Human Resources Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Criminal Justice
- And more...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Development and Leadership
- MA in International Leadership
- MA in Organizational Development and Leadership
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Organizational Leadership
- Associate of Arts in Business - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business - Business Management
- And more...