Why consider attending a real estate college? Buying a home is one of the largest investments most people will ever make and as a qualified certified real estate agent, you will help them achieve this dream or goal. You would be there to help them make this major financial transaction. If you are patient, attentive to client needs, and personable these skills will earn you more clients, but first you need to earn the certification and training. Some graduates of real real estate colleges also obtain the qualifications to be able to teach investors and mortgage loan originators.
Real Estate Education and Training
In all cases, you need a real estate license, and in some cases an online appraisal course will be an added advantage to your real estate career. Areas of focus include: Real Estate Appraisal; Real Estate Assistant; Real Estate Broker License; Real Estate Development; Real Estate License; Real Estate License Exam; and Real Estate License Renewal. Real estate appraisal deals with determining the market value of commercial and residential properties.
Real estate development training programs teaches students how to take on a property and make improvements to increase its value and then sell it to generate profit, including both land and building developments. Mortgage broker schools prepares students to become a loan officer who handles real estate loans.
Real estate trade associations offer certificate programs to their staff, for example Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) and the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designations. However university such as South University offer a Bachelor of Business Administration in Real Estate. Other colleges offer specializations in real estate finance, real estate investment analysis, and real estate law, etc, for example a Master of Science in Management/Real Estate Management at or a Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Studies. Training at real estate colleges is therefore valuable to real estate brokers and salespersons, bankers, developers, and city planners.
Real Estate Careers
While the housing market does fluctuate, the real estate business has high returns for each sale but you need to have a good understanding of the housing market, house prices, and trends in consumers lifestyles. You also need to know how to find homes that best fit your clients needs and budget. Clients include both residential and commercial real estate and realtors often tend to choose which area they want to specialize in once in the profession.
In addition you should keep up with mortgage and loans markets. You can earn your qualifications in Real Estate Appraisal, Property Management, and Real Estate Studies so as earn your real estate license. Gaining your qualification has the advantage of allowing further in order to develop your career or change your career path. It is important to keep the license for the state in which you are licensed current in order to continue practicing in the profession.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
Income for those who have attended real estate colleges depends a whole on depending on what you do and your location. Many of the richest people in the world have made it through being in real estate. A recent survey shows that the median salary of property and real estate managers was $29,000 a year but many agents made more than $50,000 a year.
For example, the median salary of property managers in shopping malls is about $80,000 and the median salary of office building manager is about $95,000. The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that in 2010, the median annual wage of real estate brokers was $54,910, and the median annual wage of real estate agents was $40,030. The employment of real estate brokers and sales agents is expected to grow 11% between 2010 and 2020.
Salaries in real estate sales are difficult to characterize since agents get paid depending on the amount of the sale which can be anywhere from 3% to 6%. So, if you sell a million dollar house, you would earn $60,000 on that sale if your rate is 6%. Many people who have graduated from real estate colleges make more a year after being in business long enough to build a client base and referrals. In other cases, one might have trained in a different profession and then one may choose to complete their real estate requirements for their state.
Real Estate Programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- BSFIN - Real Estate
- BS in Business Administration - Real Estate
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- BA/Real Estate Studies
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- Transformational Leadership (EDD)
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule.
- Business (Associate's)
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- Ph.D. Organizational Leadership
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business-Concentration in Management
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Business Administration - Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Business - General
- Master of Business Administration - Interdisciplinary Business
- And more...
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- DIP - Business Office Specialist
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management - Global Leadership (Executive Format)
- Doctor of Management Executive Leadership (Executive Format)
- Master of Business Administration - Global Leadership