Why consider attending a real estate college? Buying a home is one of the largest investments most people will ever make and as a qualified certified real estate agent, you will help them achieve this dream or goal. You would be there to help them make this major financial transaction. If you are patient, attentive to client needs, and personable these skills will earn you more clients, but first you need to earn the certification and training. Some graduates of real real estate colleges also obtain the qualifications to be able to teach investors and mortgage loan originators.
Real Estate Education and Training
In all cases, you need a real estate license, and in some cases an online appraisal course will be an added advantage to your real estate career. Areas of focus include: Real Estate Appraisal; Real Estate Assistant; Real Estate Broker License; Real Estate Development; Real Estate License; Real Estate License Exam; and Real Estate License Renewal. Real estate appraisal deals with determining the market value of commercial and residential properties.
Real estate development training programs teaches students how to take on a property and make improvements to increase its value and then sell it to generate profit, including both land and building developments. Mortgage broker schools prepares students to become a loan officer who handles real estate loans.
Real estate trade associations offer certificate programs to their staff, for example Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) and the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designations. However university such as South University offer a Bachelor of Business Administration in Real Estate. Other colleges offer specializations in real estate finance, real estate investment analysis, and real estate law, etc, for example a Master of Science in Management/Real Estate Management at or a Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Studies. Training at real estate colleges is therefore valuable to real estate brokers and salespersons, bankers, developers, and city planners.
Real Estate Careers
While the housing market does fluctuate, the real estate business has high returns for each sale but you need to have a good understanding of the housing market, house prices, and trends in consumers lifestyles. You also need to know how to find homes that best fit your clients needs and budget. Clients include both residential and commercial real estate and realtors often tend to choose which area they want to specialize in once in the profession.
In addition you should keep up with mortgage and loans markets. You can earn your qualifications in Real Estate Appraisal, Property Management, and Real Estate Studies so as earn your real estate license. Gaining your qualification has the advantage of allowing further in order to develop your career or change your career path. It is important to keep the license for the state in which you are licensed current in order to continue practicing in the profession.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
Income for those who have attended real estate colleges depends a whole on depending on what you do and your location. Many of the richest people in the world have made it through being in real estate. A recent survey shows that the median salary of property and real estate managers was $29,000 a year but many agents made more than $50,000 a year.
For example, the median salary of property managers in shopping malls is about $80,000 and the median salary of office building manager is about $95,000. The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that in 2010, the median annual wage of real estate brokers was $54,910, and the median annual wage of real estate agents was $40,030. The employment of real estate brokers and sales agents is expected to grow 11% between 2010 and 2020.
Salaries in real estate sales are difficult to characterize since agents get paid depending on the amount of the sale which can be anywhere from 3% to 6%. So, if you sell a million dollar house, you would earn $60,000 on that sale if your rate is 6%. Many people who have graduated from real estate colleges make more a year after being in business long enough to build a client base and referrals. In other cases, one might have trained in a different profession and then one may choose to complete their real estate requirements for their state.
Real Estate Programs
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- BA/Real Estate Studies
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- BSFIN - Real Estate
- BS in Business Administration - Real Estate
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online bachelor's and master's level Business programs are available.
- Courses are designed to teach practical business solutions, with a career-focused curriculum.
- Students can study in areas such as business, applied management, and business administration.
- Experienced professionals equip students with a working knowledge of marketing, financing, accounting, and sales.
- Students who have graduated high school in or before 2015 are eligible to apply.
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Become an accountant, credit analyst, auditor, tax examiner, and more with an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Learn about accounting fundamentals, legal compliance and ethics, finance, marketing, leadership, economics, and quantitative decision making.
- Work in the environment that suits you best. The B.S. in Accounting program prepares students for accounting careers in private, public, not-for-profit, and government organizations.
- This program, along with other CSU-Global business degrees, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Each of our courses is 100% online, with no fixed class times or locations. All you need is an internet connection. Wherever you are, you’re already on campus.
- Our programs are built for working adults. You complete coursework on your schedule, in your own time. Complete assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for you.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).