A robotics degree is one that prepares students to apply basic engineering principles and technical skills in support of engineers and other professionals engaged in developing and using robots. Robotics includes instruction in the principles and foundations of robotics, design and operational testing, system maintenance and repair procedures, robot computer systems and control language, specific system types and applications to industrial tasks, and technical report preparation. If you are fascinated with the mechanics and engineering of different products, then a robotics degree may be the right choice for you. As with many programs and educational institutions perspective students are required to show that they have successfully completed their high school education. In some cases depending on the school you are applying to you may require you to have a minimum grade or score before you will be considered. Some programs will also require you to take a standardized test for your application is considered for the program.
Robotics Education and Training
This unique field of study offers its students a variety of topics related to robotics such as computer science in design, how to maintain a robot as well as the math, science, engineering and types of systems available.
Whether you are taking an entry-level course or are taking an advanced masters degree there are lot of core courses you are likely to face such as industrial robotics, the history of robotics and how it effects us and multi-module robotic systems are just a few of the courses you will face.
If you opt to complete a masters degree in robotics you are likely to see courses such as machine precipitation, artificial intelligence and advanced algorithms. Course could include:
- Machine Learning
- Linear Systems
- Fundamentals of AI
- Engineering Mathematics
- Nonlinear Systems
- Probability and Statistics
Once you have completed all the necessary course material and are ready to go into the workforce there are a number of options available to you. Some of the most popular choices for new graduates are automation officer, robotic program manager and artificial intelligence consultant. Those who enjoy teaching others sometimes find themselves becoming trainers are teachers to educate others in their craft.
Robotics Engineering Careers
Robotics engineers can be described as those who design and manufacture robots. They are often responsible for testing applications related to the systems as well as troubleshooting any problems that may occur. Engineers are often also required to create a control system to allow the products to either be used through a control system or automatically.
These days robotics are used in a wide variety of environments today such as exploring space, in surgeries even much of our everyday lives are now affected by robots. Robots can help with a variety of tasks like assembly lines building cars; they can also perform maintenance jobs or operate mechanical items like CD changers, or even record players for example. You will notice probably they are often used in situations where it is hazardous for human to be directly involved in a task.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
Depending on which area you decide to branch out into there is quite a range of salary available to a person in this field. On average, an entry-level worker will generally receive about $30,000 to $45,000 a year. An employee at a higher level of education is likely to receive payment in the range of $50,000 to $65,000 annually.
As the demand increases in the industry the number of jobs for those with a robotics degree is projected to increase by double within the next five to six years. Most technicians work alone or with a group of technicians. Depending on where you decide to work you may be working with the public closely or just in office.
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Mechatronics - Bachelor's
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master Of Science in Systems Engineering
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- CNC Machining & Manufacturing
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- BS in Aeronautics
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Project Management
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- BA/Project Management
- BA/Public Relations and Marketing
- MA/Organizational Management
- And more...
- Enhance organizational performance and create effective traditional and virtual teams through motivation, organizational culture, and change management.
- Address the legal and ethical implications of human resources and administration in an organizational setting.
- Analyze business policy and strategy in relationship to competitors.
- Resolve conflict by utilizing various management styles and best practices.
- Understand employment and compensation requirements including insurance, salary, labor, health, and safety.
- Bachelors in Project Management
- Master in Project Management
- Undergraduate Certificate - Project Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Project Management