What is tech support training, and what do you need to know about technical support training? If you enjoy working with computers and the public then you may want to consider technical support training. A technical support person is well-versed in working with both the hardware and software of a computer system. They have strong skills in researching and resolving computer related issues and are often called upon either in person, telephone, or through the use of Internet to lend a hand when the computer malfunctions. Because you will be faced with a lot of the problems associated with computers it is very important that you have very strong skills to solve practical problems. With this also comes responsibility of being capable of clearly and concisely discussing with others what you see is the problem and how to fix it both verbally and in writing. It is also important to recognize that what this career some can also face the pressure of time restraints and stresses related to the job and therefore it is necessary that a person be able to overcome such situations.
Tech Support Education and Training
It is essential that a person have strong mathematical skills as you often will be faced with numbers in the form of algebra, geometry, circumference, as well as volume. Strong skills in science are also a necessity to succeed in this line of work. Computer technical support training may include courses in areas like computer networking, software support, information security, and database management.
Most tech support training programs last for about a year before receiving certification. Before final completion of your program you will be required to complete no less than three months of training or job experience in the field. Most often six months of training or job experience is required for successful completion.
Computer Repair Careers
Not unlike many training courses whether opting to go to school or study online a student must successfully complete high school before being considered into a program. After completing a course successfully applicants will have a variety of skills such as the ability to understand and explain to another the motherboard and all of its related components, explain and install cooling devices, managed disk drive both physically and logical manner, create and maintain a system well as a number of other skills necessary in the field.
Because you’ll be working so closely with computers it is crucial that you have extensive knowledge and experience working with computer related programs like Internet software, word processing software as well as a variety of database software’s. Candidates are also positively looked upon when our highly skilled in typing itself as this is often a skill you will be using.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
With the growing demand of computers and technology comes further need for technical support technicians. Once prepared to enter the workforce you will likely find a large variety of options available to you. Quite often those with skills such as these can be found as technical support analysts, engineers, managers, consultants, team leaders, as well as specialists in their field. On average, those trained in fields such as this can earn as much as $30,000 per year as they start their careers.
The longer you are your career, showing greater skill do you often find an increase in pay some technicians get paid as much paid as much as seventy thousand per year or even more depending on the rank or position you are in. Tech support training will therefore remaining an important part of career advancement.
Technical Support and Repair Programs
- Flexible, 100% online programs offered include Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management, and more.
- Courses designed to keep students updated on the constantly changing world of information technology.
- Career-focused programs taught by experienced professionals help students develop real-world programming skills.
- AAS in Information Technology - Network Administration
- BS in Information Technology - Network Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Network Administration
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Network Management
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Computer Support Technician
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Network Administration and Security - Associate of Occupational Science
- Network Administration - Associate
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule.
- Mobile Development, Bachelor of Science
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Business Web Development
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
- Cloud Computing - Bachelor's