What is tech support training, and what do you need to know about technical support training? If you enjoy working with computers and the public then you may want to consider technical support training. A technical support person is well-versed in working with both the hardware and software of a computer system. They have strong skills in researching and resolving computer related issues and are often called upon either in person, telephone, or through the use of Internet to lend a hand when the computer malfunctions. Because you will be faced with a lot of the problems associated with computers it is very important that you have very strong skills to solve practical problems. With this also comes responsibility of being capable of clearly and concisely discussing with others what you see is the problem and how to fix it both verbally and in writing. It is also important to recognize that what this career some can also face the pressure of time restraints and stresses related to the job and therefore it is necessary that a person be able to overcome such situations.
Tech Support Education and Training
It is essential that a person have strong mathematical skills as you often will be faced with numbers in the form of algebra, geometry, circumference, as well as volume. Strong skills in science are also a necessity to succeed in this line of work. Computer technical support training may include courses in areas like computer networking, software support, information security, and database management.
Most tech support training programs last for about a year before receiving certification. Before final completion of your program you will be required to complete no less than three months of training or job experience in the field. Most often six months of training or job experience is required for successful completion.
Computer Repair Careers
Not unlike many training courses whether opting to go to school or study online a student must successfully complete high school before being considered into a program. After completing a course successfully applicants will have a variety of skills such as the ability to understand and explain to another the motherboard and all of its related components, explain and install cooling devices, managed disk drive both physically and logical manner, create and maintain a system well as a number of other skills necessary in the field.
Because you’ll be working so closely with computers it is crucial that you have extensive knowledge and experience working with computer related programs like Internet software, word processing software as well as a variety of database software’s. Candidates are also positively looked upon when our highly skilled in typing itself as this is often a skill you will be using.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
With the growing demand of computers and technology comes further need for technical support technicians. Once prepared to enter the workforce you will likely find a large variety of options available to you. Quite often those with skills such as these can be found as technical support analysts, engineers, managers, consultants, team leaders, as well as specialists in their field. On average, those trained in fields such as this can earn as much as $30,000 per year as they start their careers.
The longer you are your career, showing greater skill do you often find an increase in pay some technicians get paid as much paid as much as seventy thousand per year or even more depending on the rank or position you are in. Tech support training will therefore remaining an important part of career advancement.
Technical Support and Repair Programs
- Bachelor’s programs include Cyber Security and Information Technology with multiple concentrations
- Courses designed to teach students core concepts such as programming, system administration, and security
- Online Master’s in IT was ranked among the Best Online Programs in 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Network Management
- Bachelor’s and Master’s level programs in digital investigations, information assurance and security, project management, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- 8 out the top 20 employers of AIU graduates are Fortune 50 companies
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Network Administration
CBT College has a vast variety of degrees that cater to any individual’s interest or schedule. Choose to complete your degree from our School of Business, School of Technology, School of Allied Health, School of Modern Arts or the School of Languages. Our applied teaching approach and hands on training, prepare students to become dominant figures in the global marketplace.
- Computer Network Support Specialist
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology : Network Administration
- Bachelor’s program options include Cybersecurity, Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, and more.
- A BAS in Information Systems Technology is also available for students who already hold an A.A.S degree.
- Tech programs are designed to prepare students for careers in Software Development and Engineering, Computer Information Security, Network Administration, and more.
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Studies - Information Technology
- Mobile Development, Bachelor of Science
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Business Web Development
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
- Cloud Computing - Bachelor's