What is tech support training, and what do you need to know about technical support training? If you enjoy working with computers and the public then you may want to consider technical support training. A technical support person is well-versed in working with both the hardware and software of a computer system. They have strong skills in researching and resolving computer related issues and are often called upon either in person, telephone, or through the use of Internet to lend a hand when the computer malfunctions. Because you will be faced with a lot of the problems associated with computers it is very important that you have very strong skills to solve practical problems. With this also comes responsibility of being capable of clearly and concisely discussing with others what you see is the problem and how to fix it both verbally and in writing. It is also important to recognize that what this career some can also face the pressure of time restraints and stresses related to the job and therefore it is necessary that a person be able to overcome such situations.
Tech Support Education and Training
It is essential that a person have strong mathematical skills as you often will be faced with numbers in the form of algebra, geometry, circumference, as well as volume. Strong skills in science are also a necessity to succeed in this line of work. Computer technical support training may include courses in areas like computer networking, software support, information security, and database management.
Most tech support training programs last for about a year before receiving certification. Before final completion of your program you will be required to complete no less than three months of training or job experience in the field. Most often six months of training or job experience is required for successful completion.
Computer Repair Careers
Not unlike many training courses whether opting to go to school or study online a student must successfully complete high school before being considered into a program. After completing a course successfully applicants will have a variety of skills such as the ability to understand and explain to another the motherboard and all of its related components, explain and install cooling devices, managed disk drive both physically and logical manner, create and maintain a system well as a number of other skills necessary in the field.
Because you’ll be working so closely with computers it is crucial that you have extensive knowledge and experience working with computer related programs like Internet software, word processing software as well as a variety of database software’s. Candidates are also positively looked upon when our highly skilled in typing itself as this is often a skill you will be using.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
With the growing demand of computers and technology comes further need for technical support technicians. Once prepared to enter the workforce you will likely find a large variety of options available to you. Quite often those with skills such as these can be found as technical support analysts, engineers, managers, consultants, team leaders, as well as specialists in their field. On average, those trained in fields such as this can earn as much as $30,000 per year as they start their careers.
The longer you are your career, showing greater skill do you often find an increase in pay some technicians get paid as much paid as much as seventy thousand per year or even more depending on the rank or position you are in. Tech support training will therefore remaining an important part of career advancement.
Technical Support and Repair Programs
- Flexible, 100% online programs offered include Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management, and more.
- Courses designed to keep students updated on the constantly changing world of information technology.
- Career-focused programs taught by experienced professionals help students develop real-world programming skills.
- AAS in Information Technology - Network Administration
- BS in Information Technology - Network Administration
- Bachelor’s and Master’s level programs in digital investigations, information assurance and security, project management, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- 8 out the top 20 employers of AIU graduates are Fortune 50 companies
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Network Administration
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Network Management
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online bachelor's and associate level Computer Information Science programs are available.
- Experienced professionals provide hands-on instruction in subjects such as internet security, network administration, and IT support.
- Courses cover many relevant topics, including computer hardware and software, network operating systems, and more.
- Students who have graduated high school in or before 2015 are eligible to apply.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Bachelor’s program options include Cybersecurity, Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, and more.
- A BAS in Information Systems Technology is also available for students who already hold an A.A.S degree.
- Regent University’s tech programs are designed to prepare students for careers in Software Development and Engineering, Computer Information Security, Network Administration, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Flexible, 100% online BA in Business Information Systems degree program offered.
- Students can prepare to pursue a career as a systems trainer, support specialist, or business analyst.
- Coursework focuses on subjects like database management, systems analysis, and technology planning.
- Students can learn how to design, develop, implement, and troubleshoot information systems.
- Become an accountant, credit analyst, auditor, tax examiner, and more with an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Learn about accounting fundamentals, legal compliance and ethics, finance, marketing, leadership, economics, and quantitative decision making.
- Work in the environment that suits you best. The B.S. in Accounting program prepares students for accounting careers in private, public, not-for-profit, and government organizations.
- This program, along with other CSU-Global business degrees, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Each of our courses is 100% online, with no fixed class times or locations. All you need is an internet connection. Wherever you are, you’re already on campus.
- Our programs are built for working adults. You complete coursework on your schedule, in your own time. Complete assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for you.
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.