In this article you will learn more about television broadcasting schools if you are interested in a career in TV broadcasting either as an anchor or as a technician. Broadcasting is the distribution of audio and and video signals that transmit programs to a targeted audience. If you are interested in a career in the media then you may wish to investigate television broadcasting schools. These are academies which are dedicated to nurturing the skills required to be successful in the television and radio broadcasting radio. When you have found your chosen school you need to be prepared to make a convincing application. These schools can be extremely selective and there is often a lot of competition for converted places. Talent is an obvious necessity in any of the broadcasting departments, as well as a drive to succeed.
Television Broadcasting Education and Training
At television broadcasting schools, you will be taught how to work behind the scenes as well as in front of the cameras. This can help you gain work in this fascinating and exciting industry. When looking for schools look for ones which have been national accredited and who have had successful graduates in the past who give their support to the school.
There are short television broadcasting courses which last less than a year which can deliver hands on learning using state of the art equipment. If you have passed higher education subjects you may wish to partake in a degree.
Some of the courses available at television broadcasting schools include: Certificate in Sound Design, Certificate in Live Sound, Broadcast Journalism Certificate of Completion, Associate of Arts on Television or Video Communications, Associate of Arts in Broadcast Journalism, Television Scriptwriter, Media Studies, Digital Media Post-Production and live TV Broadcasting.
These are diverse courses and what you go on to study will depend on which areas you wish to focus on. However each course should provide you with essential experience and teach you through allowing you to get hands on with the most current equipment to increase your employability.
At television broadcasting schools, you can expect: Participation in television productions, Work both inside a studio as well as on location, Experience both behind the camera as well as in on screen training, The use if linear and non linear computers for film and video editing, Audio Techniques, Directing, Producing and Script writing.
Television Broadcasting Careers
Television news production teams are comprised of reporters, camera crew, and sound and image technicians who travel in news gathering vehicles to various locations around the world to cover the news. While working in many locations is exciting, some assignments are high risk for example war zones and areas with natural disasters.
Thus assignments may require one to work both indoors and outdoors.The type of job titles you may be interested in once qualified range from: Voice Over Artists, Newscasters, Commercial Directors or Producers, Video Editors, Camera Operators and Promotion Directors.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
The salaries will be dependent on the level of skill and your personal areas of expertise. They can vary from very minimal wages to well paying positions. The main factors will be the company you are working for and the budget of each project. Some of the average salaries are: Video Editor around $47,000 per year. Producer $52,000 per year, Editor $41,000 per year, Sports Presenter $93,000 per year, Camera Operator around $44,000 and Newscaster $15,000 per year. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports the following figures for 2010.
Median annual wage of broadcast news analysts – $54,140; The lowest 10% earned below $27,560; the top 10% earned more than $146,230; Employment of reporters and correspondents is expected to moderately decline by 8% from 2010 to 2020.
Median annual wage of reporters and correspondents – $34,530 The lowest 10% earned less than $19,970; the top 10% earned more than $75,230; Employment of broadcast news analysts is expected to grow by 10% from 2010 to 2020. The median annual wage for broadcast and sound engineering technicians was $39,870.
- Sound engineering technicians – $47,080
- Audio and video equipment technicians – $40,540
- Broadcast technicians – $35,120
The online broadcasting is a form of the media which is booming. Television and radio broadcasting can be a great career but it can be difficult to obtain work since there is a lot of competition. Building up a good portfolio of experience can be beneficial to obtaining ongoing work. Thus television broadcasting schools will give you the training you need to purse the career to wish to join.
Television Production and Editing Programs
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Digital Filmmaking & Video Production (BS)
- Video Skills (D)
- Digital Image Management (D)
- And more...
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Digital Cinematography, Bachelor of Science
- Music Production, Bachelors of Science (Online)
- Audio Production Bachelors (Online)
- And more...
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
- And more...
- Earn your online degree from SNHU. Study Anytime, Anywhere. Flexible on your schedule
- Over 200 career-focused online programs, one of the lowest tuition rates in the nation and a network of support.
- Southern New Hampshire University. Private. Nonprofit. Accredited.
- MA Communication
- MA Communication - Health Communication
- MA Communication - New Media and Marketing
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Business Administration - New Media/Internet Marketing
- Demonstrate effective written communication and analytical skills.
- Apply management skills in decision-making and analysis of the organizational structure.
- Examine ethical behaviors and legal implications of an organization in social, environmental and corporate environs.
- Evaluate the role of a manager in the global economy.
- Develop critical thinking skills for analysis in strategic planning and innovation.
- BS - Communication
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Development
Concordia College-New York M.S. Degree Programs Online
Concordia College-New York offers accredited, innovative graduate degrees online to help you advance your career and become a transformative leader. We provide an online graduate experience that combines academic excellence with faith-based values to create ethical, effective leaders ready to improve their workplaces, their communities, and the world at large. Concordia New York is an accredited, nonprofit college with an academic tradition dating back more than 130 years. We offer a quality, affordable education that separates true innovation from trends, and best practices from buzzwords.
- M.S. in Digital Marketing
- M.A. in Digital Media
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Internet Marketing
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Business with a Concentration in Marketing