In this article you will learn more about television broadcasting schools if you are interested in a career in TV broadcasting either as an anchor or as a technician. Broadcasting is the distribution of audio and and video signals that transmit programs to a targeted audience. If you are interested in a career in the media then you may wish to investigate television broadcasting schools. These are academies which are dedicated to nurturing the skills required to be successful in the television and radio broadcasting radio. When you have found your chosen school you need to be prepared to make a convincing application. These schools can be extremely selective and there is often a lot of competition for converted places. Talent is an obvious necessity in any of the broadcasting departments, as well as a drive to succeed.
Television Broadcasting Education and Training
At television broadcasting schools, you will be taught how to work behind the scenes as well as in front of the cameras. This can help you gain work in this fascinating and exciting industry. When looking for schools look for ones which have been national accredited and who have had successful graduates in the past who give their support to the school.
There are short television broadcasting courses which last less than a year which can deliver hands on learning using state of the art equipment. If you have passed higher education subjects you may wish to partake in a degree.
Some of the courses available at television broadcasting schools include: Certificate in Sound Design, Certificate in Live Sound, Broadcast Journalism Certificate of Completion, Associate of Arts on Television or Video Communications, Associate of Arts in Broadcast Journalism, Television Scriptwriter, Media Studies, Digital Media Post-Production and live TV Broadcasting.
These are diverse courses and what you go on to study will depend on which areas you wish to focus on. However each course should provide you with essential experience and teach you through allowing you to get hands on with the most current equipment to increase your employability.
At television broadcasting schools, you can expect: Participation in television productions, Work both inside a studio as well as on location, Experience both behind the camera as well as in on screen training, The use if linear and non linear computers for film and video editing, Audio Techniques, Directing, Producing and Script writing.
Television Broadcasting Careers
Television news production teams are comprised of reporters, camera crew, and sound and image technicians who travel in news gathering vehicles to various locations around the world to cover the news. While working in many locations is exciting, some assignments are high risk for example war zones and areas with natural disasters.
Thus assignments may require one to work both indoors and outdoors.The type of job titles you may be interested in once qualified range from: Voice Over Artists, Newscasters, Commercial Directors or Producers, Video Editors, Camera Operators and Promotion Directors.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
The salaries will be dependent on the level of skill and your personal areas of expertise. They can vary from very minimal wages to well paying positions. The main factors will be the company you are working for and the budget of each project. Some of the average salaries are: Video Editor around $47,000 per year. Producer $52,000 per year, Editor $41,000 per year, Sports Presenter $93,000 per year, Camera Operator around $44,000 and Newscaster $15,000 per year. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports the following figures for 2010.
Median annual wage of broadcast news analysts – $54,140; The lowest 10% earned below $27,560; the top 10% earned more than $146,230; Employment of reporters and correspondents is expected to moderately decline by 8% from 2010 to 2020.
Median annual wage of reporters and correspondents – $34,530 The lowest 10% earned less than $19,970; the top 10% earned more than $75,230; Employment of broadcast news analysts is expected to grow by 10% from 2010 to 2020. The median annual wage for broadcast and sound engineering technicians was $39,870.
- Sound engineering technicians – $47,080
- Audio and video equipment technicians – $40,540
- Broadcast technicians – $35,120
The online broadcasting is a form of the media which is booming. Television and radio broadcasting can be a great career but it can be difficult to obtain work since there is a lot of competition. Building up a good portfolio of experience can be beneficial to obtaining ongoing work. Thus television broadcasting schools will give you the training you need to purse the career to wish to join.
Television Production and Editing Programs
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Digital Filmmaking & Video Production (BS)
- Digital Image Management (C)
- Degrees include Media Communications (BS), New Media Journalism (MA), and Creative Writing for Entertainment (BFA)
- Students learn skills necessary for a career in communications like marketing strategy, multimedia reporting, storytelling, and more
- Courses designed to teach students how to get consumer’s attention with effective communication strategies across multiple platforms
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain real-world experience
- Digital Cinematography, Bachelor of Science
- Music Production, Bachelors of Science (Online)
- Audio Production Bachelors (Online)
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Bachelor of Science: Communication
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Business Administration - New Media/Internet Marketing
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Development
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Internet Marketing
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Marketing