Whilst pursuing your bachelor degree, considering undergraduate certificate programs, is a plus, so that when you are done with your degree you will be specialized in an addition area of practice related to your chosen profession. Hence, considering this option is an added advantage for those entering a professional field. Many accredited colleges and universities, online and on-campus offer a broad range of online undergraduate certificate programs in areas that include business management, finance and accounting, health care management, human resource management, financial planning, information systems, information technology and many more.
Undergraduate Certificate Training
In addition to gaining additional academic skills and knowledge, when you ready to look into various career prospects, you increase your competitiveness in the field as it shows you have gone beyond seeking just a fundamental degree in your field. To complete an undergraduate certificate generally requires students to complete a given number of credit hours which may range from 12 to 21 hours and can be completed over the course of a few semesters or a few months depending on the program structure.
You have to be far more qualified that the average candidate pool in your profession, and more so when your area is competitive. Undergraduate certificates can be pursued in almost all fields. One can enroll in these courses while they are studying for their bachelor degree, but they may also do so independently once they have completed their degree.
For example, someone with a bachelor of nursing (BSN) can pursue a certificate in an area like forensic nursing after they have been practicing in the field for a given number of years. Also, depending on the individual university or college, some credits from the certificate program may be applied toward a bachelor degree. While some programs may have have a structured set of classes that one should take, other programs are more flexible, allowing students the option to take electives in areas that interest them.
Other areas that you may pursue an undergraduate certificate include professional areas like engineering, law, medicine, para medical courses such as the physiotherapy, pharmacy, nursing, occupational therapy and so on.
Some areas limit the number of students who may be enrolled in these programs. For example, professional bodies limit the annual number of students who may enroll in the medical and dental sciences. Nowadays the trend has changed among students youth when it comes to selecting their options of undergraduate certificate programs, and it is no longer just the conventional options of physics, chemistry, biology and math.
They look into wide range of special choices available. Students choose to pursue areas like multimedia, graphics and animation, visual communication, nutrition and dietetics, biotechnology, bioinformatics, microbiology, and many more career oriented courses. These are such a kind of undergraduate certificate programs increase your options for your career.
Careers with Professional Studies
As with your bachelors degree, the area you pursue with an undergraduate certificate plays an important role in determining events and progression in your career path. In the health and medical profession for example, one may consider a certificate in health care management in order to work in health care administration. In the legal profession, one may consider a certificate in areas that include forensic analysis, legal assistant or related area.
As a nurse one may consider an option like forensic nursing, dermatology nurse, neonatal nursing and more. The point is, within you profession, you can be more highly specialized in your field. In some cases, to apply for the certification program, some professions require related work experience before one can pursue advanced certification.
In the business realm, areas of certification are also many, and include working toward certification in areas like human resource management, financial planning, project management, Six Sigma management and other areas that one may be interested in. Various areas in information technology also offer certification, for example, information security certification.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
While you may posses adequate knowledge and skills in your field, and also have the required credentials, the scale of pay in the beginning may not be the highest particularly if you are newly joining the workforce however, in due course, you could earn between $5,000 and $20,000 on an average in raises over the years. In due course of time when you gain adequate experience, it is not alone the increments that count, but also the career surge at faster rates.
Your scope is unlimited as you could join big industries as well as your own business also. Undergraduate certificate programs are offered online also by many of the universities. This is to facilitate those people who could not afford to dedicate time purely for studies alone.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Flexible, online programs in accounting, business, and more allow students to earn their degree anytime, anywhere.
- Distinguished faculty members with strong academic backgrounds provide insight you can’t get out of a textbook.
- This career-focused education is taught by instructors who are professionals in their field.
- Students who have graduated high school in or before 2015 are eligible to apply.
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees available in a wide range of fields.
- Flexible online programs offered in Psychology, Criminal Justice, Education, and more.
- Assigned Financial Services Advisors to help answer student financial questions.
- Servicemembers and their spouses can apply for the Ashford Military Grant to reduce tuition for all undergraduate courses.
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Virginia School of Massage, that career can be yours.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our two campuses in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College Online. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor's degree programs for careers in the business, medical, legal, and computer technology fields. Our programs offer hands-on education and classroom discussions.