What are some of the advantages of considering certificate programs, either offered on campus or online? Why are certificates programs important, and how can they boost your career if you already have a degree in your area of study. It is important for a student to have a well rounded knowledge base in their area of training for a variety of reasons. As you already probably know, technology advancements in most fields are growing rapidly, making it important to keep up with one’s professional skills and knowledge and also to maintain ones marketability.
As an example, areas of study in the computer and information technology are constantly evolving, making it even more important to remain in the field. Take the example of computer networking and information security – one has to keep up with the field as technology needs professionals who can keep up with concerns such as online fraud, high speed delivery of information and other areas of concern. Other areas such as business management, accounting, and finance also require that professional in the field remain current with certain certification requirements and updates in laws such as tax laws and banking regulations. This is were university certificate programs come in handy.
Certification in Education and Training
The curriculum in university certificate programs will provide you with both the skills and knowledge that are required in your field of study. There are various colleges and universities that offer these certificates online. In addition there are private organization and certification bodies which are affiliated with the particular area of certification, for example in computer networking or information security.
As far as the number of credits go in most university certificate programs, this will vary. Sometimes an add-on endorsement or certification to a degree may require students to take 12 to 21 credit hours, which seems to be the average range. On the other hand, a stand-alone certificate may require more credit hours and may take anywhere from 12 month to 24 months. This is based on various factors pertinent to the program requirements.
In many fields, certificate or licensure is required before one can practice in their field even if they have fulfilled other requirements. An example of this would be in the medical field where one has to take a state or accrediting body exam before they can practice. In this case university certificate programs may be built in as part of the degree requirements for licensure or certification requirements.
Career Advancement with an Advanced Certificate
When you have successfully completed the certificates online and moved on to your career, you will earn the respect of your peers and become an authority in your area of expertise or specialization. Granted one is rarely one cannot be highly skilled enough in all areas subjects, it be either engineering or science or medicine but it certainly helps if you know one or more areas of your discipline very well. Potential employers will target you for your specific expertise. After all, you probably do not wish to be labeled a jack-of-all-trades is master of none.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
While the level of income will vary based on factors such as current salary, years of experience, level of education already completed, and geographic location, the income one gets from completing additional training is certainly a plus during one’s annual salary review. For example if someone complete a project management certification program through a recognized entity such as the Project Management Institute, that certainly looks good on the resume or vita. Many MBA and business university certificate programs may offer this option after one has completed the required minimum number of professional working hours.
Still, it is hard to pin down an exact figure but a raise of between $5000 to $15,000 is a possibility (often this is calculated at a rate of 1% to 5% of ones current level of income. Hence, over one’s working career, university certificate programs do pay off but one must be actively involved in keeping up their credentials.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Flexible, online programs in accounting, business, and more allow students to earn their degree anytime, anywhere.
- Distinguished faculty members with strong academic backgrounds provide insight you can’t get out of a textbook.
- This career-focused education is taught by instructors who are professionals in their field.
- Students who have graduated high school in or before 2015 are eligible to apply.
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Virginia School of Massage, that career can be yours.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
Aviation Institute of Maintenance schools are distinguished institutes committed to the education and personal enrichment of each student interested in the Aviation Industry. Students can succeed in our collegiate environment when properly motivated and taught to set goals in furthering their education. All aspects of our mechanic school are enriched with creating an atmosphere conducive to learning, while instilling a high degree of business ethics and professionalism.
PUT YOUR CAREER IN GEAR
If you enjoy working with your hands and are looking for a rewarding career, contact Advanced Technology Institute, located in Virginia Beach, VA!
ATI offers NATEF/ASE Master Certified Automotive Technology programs, is approved for Veterans, and is licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia. Financial Assistance is available for those who qualify and graduate employment services are also offered.
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.