Video production training is ideal for an exciting career in the video industry. It is a feasible option for someone who has a creative side and is also good with logistics. Professional video production, also known videography, is the art, science, and service of videotaping, editing, and distributing video products. If you are a person who has an interest in filmmaking, or even if video and computer movie making is your choice, then perhaps a career in video production will be the best choice for you. With a degree in this field you shall be able to turn your dreams into reality, with video production training. You could have a chance at being a director for television or help to design some nice videos for the Internet as well. Now that there is a use for computers in this field, the video and production areas will have great potentials with this fast growing field. With the Internet there are plenty of new opportunities available for anyone who is interested in being apart of this industry.
Video Production Training and Education
There are several types of video production training courses a student must take for this degree and also the student will learn how to used certain techniques and skills that will be needed to have the ability to produce any top quality films.
Some of the video production classes that a student will need to take are, scripting, film production techniques, graphics, history of films, audio and the basics of recording, basic business practices, editing and streaming and also computer animation. Training courses include film production, music video production training, live video production, DVD production, DVD authoring, DVD video production.
Courses for a degree in Video Production vary by program, but may include: Scripting, Motion Graphics, Business Practices, Audio and Recording, Film History, Video Editing and Streaming, and Production Techniques. Students therefore learn the basics of the technical field for example animation, cinematography, sound editing, directing, and video splicing.
Video Production Careers
With this degree you will have the opportunity to become a producer or a filmmaker or even becoming involved with video production. The videography career choice can put you right in behind the camera instead of in front of it. So if you really like the technical part of this profession, then a having a degree in this particular field will put take right from your dreams to being behind the cameras.
Graduates of video production training will have learned how to use the skills they will be taught through the training of these programs. This way a graduate will be able to work in this industry while being a film producer, or a producer of videos or even an Internet manager of productions.
Soon after the student earns a degree with this kind of profession, then he or she shall be ready to enter into the industry of video production. Then the graduate shall be able to start practicing all that was learned while taking this course.
With their new abilities a person will then be able to use the skills in the designing the productions of films, computer techniques for animation, using some techniques for streaming and editing, and also they shall be able to combine some technical skills along with imagination.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
The job outlook appears to be increasing, as there is a need for those who are talented and skilled for this type of work. The film production managers are in high demand to help fill the many positions that are now available in the industry. Some of the positions are video producers, film editors, producers for the Internet and plenty more. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports the following data for 2010:
- The median annual wage of camera operators was $40,390. The lowest 10% earned less than $20,300 while the 10% earned more than $81,270.
- The median annual wage of film and video editors was $50,930. The lowest 10% earned less than $25,960, while the top 10% earned over $111,860.
- The employment of camera operators is projected to grow 2% from 2010 to 2020.
- The median annual wage of producers and directors was $68,440 in 2010. The lowest 10% earned less than $32,140, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400 in 2010.
- The employment of producers and directors is projected to grow 11% from 2010 to 2020.
These are median figures and those that have some years of experience can expect to earn more in the industry over time. Attending video production training will therefore help you gain entry into this fun, creative career.
Film Production and Editing Programs
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Digital Filmmaking & Video Production (BS)
- Digital Image Management (C)
- Digital Cinematography, Bachelor of Science
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Business Administration - New Media/Internet Marketing
- BA Communication - Professional Writing
- MA Communication - New Media and Marketing
- BA Communications - New Media
- And more...
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Development
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Internet Marketing