Video production training is ideal for an exciting career in the video industry. It is a feasible option for someone who has a creative side and is also good with logistics. Professional video production, also known videography, is the art, science, and service of videotaping, editing, and distributing video products. If you are a person who has an interest in filmmaking, or even if video and computer movie making is your choice, then perhaps a career in video production will be the best choice for you. With a degree in this field you shall be able to turn your dreams into reality, with video production training. You could have a chance at being a director for television or help to design some nice videos for the Internet as well. Now that there is a use for computers in this field, the video and production areas will have great potentials with this fast growing field. With the Internet there are plenty of new opportunities available for anyone who is interested in being apart of this industry.
Video Production Training and Education
There are several types of video production training courses a student must take for this degree and also the student will learn how to used certain techniques and skills that will be needed to have the ability to produce any top quality films.
Some of the video production classes that a student will need to take are, scripting, film production techniques, graphics, history of films, audio and the basics of recording, basic business practices, editing and streaming and also computer animation. Training courses include film production, music video production training, live video production, DVD production, DVD authoring, DVD video production.
Courses for a degree in Video Production vary by program, but may include: Scripting, Motion Graphics, Business Practices, Audio and Recording, Film History, Video Editing and Streaming, and Production Techniques. Students therefore learn the basics of the technical field for example animation, cinematography, sound editing, directing, and video splicing.
Video Production Careers
With this degree you will have the opportunity to become a producer or a filmmaker or even becoming involved with video production. The videography career choice can put you right in behind the camera instead of in front of it. So if you really like the technical part of this profession, then a having a degree in this particular field will put take right from your dreams to being behind the cameras.
Graduates of video production training will have learned how to use the skills they will be taught through the training of these programs. This way a graduate will be able to work in this industry while being a film producer, or a producer of videos or even an Internet manager of productions.
Soon after the student earns a degree with this kind of profession, then he or she shall be ready to enter into the industry of video production. Then the graduate shall be able to start practicing all that was learned while taking this course.
With their new abilities a person will then be able to use the skills in the designing the productions of films, computer techniques for animation, using some techniques for streaming and editing, and also they shall be able to combine some technical skills along with imagination.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
The job outlook appears to be increasing, as there is a need for those who are talented and skilled for this type of work. The film production managers are in high demand to help fill the many positions that are now available in the industry. Some of the positions are video producers, film editors, producers for the Internet and plenty more. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports the following data for 2010:
- The median annual wage of camera operators was $40,390. The lowest 10% earned less than $20,300 while the 10% earned more than $81,270.
- The median annual wage of film and video editors was $50,930. The lowest 10% earned less than $25,960, while the top 10% earned over $111,860.
- The employment of camera operators is projected to grow 2% from 2010 to 2020.
- The median annual wage of producers and directors was $68,440 in 2010. The lowest 10% earned less than $32,140, and the top 10% earned more than $166,400 in 2010.
- The employment of producers and directors is projected to grow 11% from 2010 to 2020.
These are median figures and those that have some years of experience can expect to earn more in the industry over time. Attending video production training will therefore help you gain entry into this fun, creative career.
Film Production and Editing Programs
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Digital Filmmaking & Video Production (BS)
- Video Skills (D)
- Visual Effects & Motion Graphics (BFA)
- Degrees include Media Communications (BS), New Media Journalism (MA), and Creative Writing for Entertainment (BFA)
- Students learn skills necessary for a career in communications like marketing strategy, multimedia reporting, storytelling, and more
- Courses designed to teach students how to get consumer’s attention with effective communication strategies across multiple platforms
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain real-world experience
- Digital Cinematography, Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
- And more...
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Become an accountant, credit analyst, auditor, tax examiner, and more with an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Learn about accounting fundamentals, legal compliance and ethics, finance, marketing, leadership, economics, and quantitative decision making.
- Work in the environment that suits you best. The B.S. in Accounting program prepares students for accounting careers in private, public, not-for-profit, and government organizations.
- This program, along with other CSU-Global business degrees, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Each of our courses is 100% online, with no fixed class times or locations. All you need is an internet connection. Wherever you are, you’re already on campus.
- Our programs are built for working adults. You complete coursework on your schedule, in your own time. Complete assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for you.
Concordia College-New York M.S. Degree Programs Online
Concordia College-New York offers accredited, innovative graduate degrees online to help you advance your career and become a transformative leader. We provide an online graduate experience that combines academic excellence with faith-based values to create ethical, effective leaders ready to improve their workplaces, their communities, and the world at large. Concordia New York is an accredited, nonprofit college with an academic tradition dating back more than 130 years. We offer a quality, affordable education that separates true innovation from trends, and best practices from buzzwords.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).