What do visual communications degrees offer? What is visual communications? Visual communications deals with message design presented in a visual format. There are a lot of students today that go about their studies trying to make sure that in the end, they can get recognized for their efforts, and actually get awarded some of the best jobs in the world today. As a matter of fact, a lot of people are undertaking visual communications degree programs in the world today, so that they can take advantage of the opportunities that are availed by this study area. The industry itself is in the vital stages of transformation, and as a result, there are a lot of students that actually do wish to be part of this versatile industry. Visual communications degrees lead to a variety of careers in public relations, advertising, advertising design, journalism, graphic design, and media communications.
Visual Communications Education and Training
Visual communications classes include: drawing, illustration, and typographical elements. Other visual communications courses that students take may include English, marketing, journalism courses, as well as public relations and advertising design. Other courses may include:
- Visual Theories, e.g. Dual-coding Theory
- Graphic Arts and Design
- Information Design
- Informational Graphics
As a matter of fact, there are lots of online college programs in Information Technology or Visual Communication that can result in associates, bachelor, and master’s degrees in this particular field. However, in the event that you already have either a design or information technology background, you will be able to find flexible, well known online classes that can help you advance your career.
As long as you can remain disciplined in your studies and manage a degree in information technology, in graphics design, or a combination of both, you will definitely become more like the hot cake of visual communications. In all of the main areas of design, the college and university graduates with qualifications or certifications in animation or design will usually get the best job opportunities.
Visual Communications Careers
After completing visual communications degrees, the students will also have the ability to take internships with advertising agencies, design firms, entertainment studios, or hosting companies that can assist them in building an impressive portfolio and in the process speed up their career development.
As a matter of fact, the students can also apply for and take up full time employment in these organizations too. Graduates with visual communications degrees work in many areas that include: marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales. They work in a team up to help with advertising campaigns. Visual communication specialists work in advertising firms, television commercials, and advertisements published in newspapers, magazines, and on the Web.
Besides, this is a challenging field of study, and the target market is not easier either. The students should therefore be sure that in whatever they do, there will always be some huge demand for their expertise in the job market, so that their companies actually do appreciate their efforts.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
There are high profile and reputable analysts that have gone on record over the last few years saying that the visual communication school graduates with information technology and communication degrees will become some of the most sought after job candidates throughout the nation, and the world over the next few years.
Entry-level positions pay around $35,000 to $50,000 annually. Advertising manager salaries average around $64,000 annually and many senior level managers earn well over $100,000 a year. The median annual wage of graphic designers was $43,500 in 2010. The lowest 10% earned less than $26,200, while the top 10% earned more than $76,910. The employment of graphic designers is expected to increase by 13% from 2010 to 2020 (Bureau of Labor Statistics – BLS).
The salary scales in the organizations that deal with such expertise and visual communications degrees usually differ, but recent research has shown that there are a lot of companies out there that put a lot of emphasis on this sector, and as a result, they do pay well too.
Visual Communications Programs
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Digital Image Management (C)
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Media Communications, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Choose from over 200 online undergraduate and graduate programs designed to take you where you want to go.
- Online tuition rates at SNHU are frozen at 2012 levels for the fifth consecutive year.
- Online education with SNHU means 24/7 access. Multiple term starts per year mean you’ll finish your degree faster.
- MA Communication
- MA Communication - Health Communication
- MA Communication - New Media and Marketing
- And more...
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Communication Studies
- Master of Arts in Communication - Political Communication
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Business Administration - New Media/Internet Marketing
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Development
- Become an accountant, credit analyst, auditor, tax examiner, and more with an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Learn about accounting fundamentals, legal compliance and ethics, finance, marketing, leadership, economics, and quantitative decision making.
- Work in the environment that suits you best. The B.S. in Accounting program prepares students for accounting careers in private, public, not-for-profit, and government organizations.
- This program, along with other CSU-Global business degrees, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Each of our courses is 100% online, with no fixed class times or locations. All you need is an internet connection. Wherever you are, you’re already on campus.
- Our programs are built for working adults. You complete coursework on your schedule, in your own time. Complete assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for you.
- BS - Marketing
- BS - Communication
Concordia College-New York M.S. Degree Programs Online
Concordia College-New York offers accredited, innovative graduate degrees online to help you advance your career and become a transformative leader. We provide an online graduate experience that combines academic excellence with faith-based values to create ethical, effective leaders ready to improve their workplaces, their communities, and the world at large. Concordia New York is an accredited, nonprofit college with an academic tradition dating back more than 130 years. We offer a quality, affordable education that separates true innovation from trends, and best practices from buzzwords.
- M.S. in Digital Marketing
- M.A. in Digital Media
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Business with a Concentration in Marketing
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Internet Marketing